“good food great price”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Ive been seeing their ad on TV and wanted to go there in a long time but its not closely so yesterday we happened to be passing by there and was hungry so we stopped by, oh boy the place is packed its hard to find parking hence its sunday and lunch time, anyway food is great and you get your moneys worth you'll have leftovers to take home they're not skimpy on their servings and all entries comes with soup or salad and dinner bread or dinner roll and service is good too. I highly recommend this place .

There are newer reviews for Norm's

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Had the "melting pot" omelette with all the trimmings. Extra crispy hash browns and biscuits and gravy. Bottomless coffee cup.

The restaurant was very busy and yet we had outstanding service from Blanca.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Tired and hungry after a day of travel and hours of on-line classes, my husband, great-nephew, nephew and I decided to find a quick, easy dinner. ( I should mention that the nephew is a Michelin-awarded chef from Brittany). For a lark we stopped at the Norm's on Tyler in Riverside @6:30 Sunday night. The chef in the family ordered the steak and lobster special which included soup, salad, veggies, potato, steak, shrimp and dessert. Husband had liver and onions, I had the veggie Swiss & mushroom burger, the great-nephew had Kraft's mac & cheese. What a joy! Simple, tasty, fresh food. The nephew-chef was impressed by the qualaity, flavor and correct cooking of his steak and the fact that a "diner" big-box had okra in its gumbo. His desert was a jumbo brownie topped with a large scoopful of vanilla ice cream & a generous swirl of whipped cream. Husband loved his liver & onions and my tailor-made veggie burger was was delicious. Will definitely go back again!
Only downfalls: very slow hostess service (had to ask twice for booster chair), and salad was composed using only low-nutrtion iceburg lettuce.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

we have always received great service but kitchen staff gets swamped and things can arrive cold our server immediately took care of it.overhaul we like it and eat nowhereelse.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food tasted okay, but within an hour, I was quite ill. Norms has been in southern California for decades, so I thought it would be okay. Maybe things have changed over the years.