“Duane's runs hot and cold in the same night”

Duane's Prime Steaks and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Duane's Prime Steaks and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 713 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We celebrated our anniversary (38 years) at Duane's 8/9/2008. We had been there for dinner one previous time and several lunches. Since we were staying at the Mission Inn we decided to give Duane's a try again. Our 8PM reservation turned into an 8:30 reservation possibly due to their overbooking. Our previous reservation had a 50 minute wait. The dining room is very elegant and we had a very romantic table for two right near the window. I ordered the Australian Lobster tail 8oz and the fillet mignon 6oz. ($60.00) My husband ordered the Porterhouse steak 20oz ($44.00) We decided to order the sauteed spinach and the potatoes Lyonaise. for $6.00 each. The waiter told us they were big enough to share. Well each arrived on 5 inch oblong plates and did not appear to be a portion that would be shared. The potatoes had more onions than potatoes and the spinach was extremely salty. My dinner was really good, the fillet cooked rare just the way I like it and the Lobster was OK. Not great, just OK. My husbands 20oz porterhouse had a huge vein down the middle which he bit into and could not chew. It also had a very large bone. Since we've eaten at Ruth Chris's Steak house many times we know what a premier steak house looks like and what their food tastes like. This Porterhouse was not up to par. To Duane's credit they did provide a piece of chocolate moose cake to commemorate our special day. My husband ate most of it and felt it was similar to a cake we have bought from Costco. The wait staff was very nice and the buss boy filled our water glasses and iced tea after one reminder. I'd have to say, this restaurant needs to get it's act together if they charge these prices for food. We don't object to paying good money for good food and service.

2  Thank dancetictoc

Reviewed March 6, 2008

The Mission Inn is beautiful. You will spend around $100 for two. In this price range the food and service should be exceptional. At Duane's Steak House it's underwhelming. The service is slow. The Fillet Mignon is only so-so. I would recommend going out of town to a Ruth's Chris or Morton's. This place is not worth the amount you will spend. When people come to visit I show them the mission inn for it's historic value and then take them to fine dining establishments. I would not recommend this place if it was the only restaurant in Riverside.

1  Thank USMCCowboy
Reviewed February 14, 2008

My husband and I have dined at Duane's several times over the past few years but was worried after reading the recent reviews. However, we dined there on Feb. 13 and had an excellent experience. I made reservations for a booth and we were seated immediately upon arriving at the restaurant. The decor and ambiance of the restaurant is wonderful!!! We had not one, but two servers- David and Annette -and both were EXTREMELY attentive. My husband prefers his steak well done and his filet mignon was amazingly tender- you could cut it with a fork.

The restaurant is pricey with $22 for chicken only (no accompaniments) up to $60 for steak and lobster. Accompaniments range from $4.50 for garlic mashed potatoes up to (I think) $12. My husband and I don't drink so our dinner came out to just under $150 without the tip. Our entire experience was well worth the price and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 26, 2008

Eh

1  Thank FrenchCori
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Culver City, California
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Great food. The service is very professional but slow. Perfect if you want to spend a lot of time talking with your date. Not so great if the date is not going so well :D

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook