Tripadvisor

Review of Gourmet Detective

Gourmet Detective
Ranked #134 of 890 Restaurants in Riverside
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

We just got home from the show. Loads of fun. It was at an old restaurant at an airport. Super easy to find.

Upon arriving, you are greeted by some of the actors. You hang out chatting for a bit, until you go in. It's hassle free. Your name is on a list. They have your table number assigned already. There are booths, and tables. Luckily we got a booth!

You get your salad, and water. Then a bartender comes around and asks if You want a drink (for an additional charge). I got a strawberry margarita, that was really good. My husband got 3 jack and cokes. For the 4 drinks, 24 bucks! I was totally expecting it to be more!

The actors walk around, mingling. Always in character. And they totally engage you. They are the nicest people! And amazing actors! You don't really feel like they are putting on a show. You almost feel like this is normal life.

The show was outstanding! An amazing performance by all. I can't even decide who is my favorite. They were all so amazing. You know they love doing this. It shows.

Bring cash! Tip them! If you figure numbers, you know they are doing this, because they love it. Lol. (Trying to put it nicely). Basically, they aren't getting rich on this. It's an intimate performance. So, tip them! They totally deserve it.

Now, you are going to watch a spectacular show. The food isn't amazing. Lol. The prime rib was down right bloody. And most people like that. But we are well done kind of people. So this wasn't edible for us. The mashed potatoes were good. The mixed veggies were a little hard for us. The chicken was pretty good. Maybe blackened with pepper? I dunno. It was good.

Salad came with Italian dressing. Pretty good. Lettuce, tomato, onion, croutons. Then, coffee and cheesecake for dessert.

About 7:30 we got drinks and salad. Show started at 8. Dinner arrived about 8:30. Then dessert about 9:15. Spaced nicely.

Now I miss the cast! Lol. I just wanna hang out with them. All day. Lol. I hope they do different ones. I wanna go back!

Date of visit: October 2017
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed August 13, 2017

This is an interactive dinner detective show. Located at the Cafe in the Riverside airport. Had a chance to view a T-28 Navy trainer and what looked like a C-27J transport. The theater was small, held about 70-75 people. The food was good, either prime rib or salmon. The play was a little corny, some humor, fairly clean. They did a good job keeping the audience involved. The play was called "He Rang the Bell" set in the 1920's. All in all we had a pretty good time. Personally 9:30 is late to finish eating. There was time for cast pictures at the conclusion.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed October 18, 2015

Just went to the new location and the food now lives up to the name, Gourmet. The show is amazing, still my favorite date night out, who doesn't love a dinner and a show? I have been a few times, and keep coming back, it is always enjoyable and entertaining, and now with the new venue the food is as amazing!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed January 11, 2015

We attended the Sat performance at the
Gourmet Mystery Dinner Theater in Riverside CA. The food was fresh and excellent. Maybe a little sparse? but ok. The acting and singing was superb! The music was great. A lot of laughs. It started at 7:30 and we left at about 10.
It is hard to find. There is no big sign. So you actually have to walk on the Mall next to the Mission Inn and there it is above the Tamale Factory! There is an elevator if you cannot climb the stairs.
We went with another couple and dressed Flapper style with jewelry, necklaces and feathers!! This made it even more fun!!!
We sat at a table for 8 but there were only 6 of us. Allthe acyting takes place right by the tables so it is easy to see and hear.!

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I went to Gormet Detective with a group of ladies and had a great time. Although the food wasn't anything to write home about, the show during dinner was a lot of fun. Service was good, but I felt like we were all crammed into too small a space. Drinks (sodas, tea, lemonade) are not included in the price and refills are not free, and they are small.
Dinner was also served very late - it was about 8:30 before we were served and didn't finish until after 10:00pm.

Date of visit: June 2014