“Fabulous, new location”
Review of Gourmet Detective

Gourmet Detective
Ranked #117 of 743 Restaurants in Riverside
Reviewed October 18, 2015

Just went to the new location and the food now lives up to the name, Gourmet. The show is amazing, still my favorite date night out, who doesn't love a dinner and a show? I have been a few times, and keep coming back, it is always enjoyable and entertaining, and now with the new venue the food is as amazing!

Reviewed January 11, 2015

We attended the Sat performance at the
Gourmet Mystery Dinner Theater in Riverside CA. The food was fresh and excellent. Maybe a little sparse? but ok. The acting and singing was superb! The music was great. A lot of laughs. It started at 7:30 and we left at about 10.
It is hard to find. There is no big sign. So you actually have to walk on the Mall next to the Mission Inn and there it is above the Tamale Factory! There is an elevator if you cannot climb the stairs.
We went with another couple and dressed Flapper style with jewelry, necklaces and feathers!! This made it even more fun!!!
We sat at a table for 8 but there were only 6 of us. Allthe acyting takes place right by the tables so it is easy to see and hear.!

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I went to Gormet Detective with a group of ladies and had a great time. Although the food wasn't anything to write home about, the show during dinner was a lot of fun. Service was good, but I felt like we were all crammed into too small a space. Drinks (sodas, tea, lemonade) are not included in the price and refills are not free, and they are small.
Dinner was also served very late - it was about 8:30 before we were served and didn't finish until after 10:00pm.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've had several experiences over the years with various Murder Mystery venues and have always had a lot of fun. We've never expected much from the food, though, as the food was always secondary to the theatre. All that changed with The Gourmet Detective. The food is surprisingly good! Is it Mario's Place or Duane's at the Mission Inn? No, but I promise you, you'll have a wonderful evening, you'll enjoy the food and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband surprised me with a birthday gift while we were visiting the Riverside Mission Inn. We love mystery novels and movies, this night we had the pleasant opportunity to walk into the pages of a Murder Mystery at the Gourmet Detective restaurant.

We were the first to arrive and the actors greeted us but in character already! A waitress promptly offered us drinks and the show commenced. The scenes of the show were not on a stage, but right in front of us….the whole restaurant was the ‘stage’ Very clever!

The actors actually served us our dinner, since the ‘chef’ in the story quit. Surprisingly, the food was delicious. I had the tri tip steak, and my husband had the chicken. The cheesecake desert was incredible! Yummo! Oh, by the way, you can bring your own bottle of wine; their corkage fee is only $10.

If you are ever in Riverside or Newport Beach and are looking for a unique dinner experience, you need to check out The Gourmet Detective.

P.S. I'm posting photos, but for some reason they are Not in the order that I wanted them to be in. :-(

2  Thank Joanie_Balonie