“Great food, moderate prices. always excellent service”
Review of Don Jose's - CLOSED

Don Jose's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Couldn't count how many times we have been to Don Jose's, don't remember ever being disappointed. Thursday nights are Kareoke night. It is always fun. All their food is good. Day or night have friendly staff and good food!!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Let me start by saying... BEST CHIPS & SALSA EVER!!!! The chips are always freshly made and the chunky salsa is very flavorful (on the mild side). My husband & I finished college in Riverside 8 years ago. During our time living in Riverside, we went to Don Jose's WEEKLY(sometimes tri-weekly for me, because I worked down the street). We now have 2 kids and live 30 minutes away. Don Jose's is now a family favorite for all of us. We only go once a month now because of the distance.

THE FOOD: Most restaurants I go to, I know exactly what I'm going to get and I don't branch out much. Don Jose's is one of the few restaurants where I have ordered SO many things because I trust that it will be delicious. My absolute favorite menu item is the Rafael's special-- 2 shredded beef (or chicken) flautas covered in a delicious relleno sauce and smothered in cheese, with beans and rice. I have SO many friends and family hooked on this dish now... it is THAT good. If you save room for dessert, the fried ice cream is amazing.

THE ATMOSPHERE: Don Jose's has a universal mexican themed atmosphere that is both family friendly and couples cozy at the same time. I've noticed that they tend to sit families with babies in a separate section which was very nice when our kids were that age. They also have accomodating areas for large parties.

THE SERVICE: The Don Jose's staff does a good job at seating guests quickly and immediately providing the amazing chips & salsa. They even have employees whose main job is to walk around and make sure you still have chips & salsa. A large portion of the waitstaff has worked there for years and years. They know what they are doing, are always respectful and quick to accomodate any requests.

EXTRAS: Don Jose's has a "coupon club" where you fill out your family members' birthdays/ anniversary and they mail you a BOGO coupon (with purchase of 2 drinks) for the month of each occasion, in addition to every major holiday month.

TO SUM IT UP: Fantastic food, priced right, served efficiently

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food was very good. Service was also very good especially considering how busy they were the night of our visit.
My grilled fish tacos were well cooked, thick pieces of fish nicely garnished.
My tequila aperitif hit the spot and was reasonably priced.
Good food, service and value.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good, reasonably priced mexican food. Can be a bit busy on the weekend evenings, but overall good food!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I grew up in Riverside, and when I got married I moved to San Clemente. We still make trips back to Riverside, through Orange County Traffic, just to eat at Don Jose's!! I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to the greater Riverside Area.