“Very Welcoming”

Ranked #223 of 702 Restaurants in Riverside
Riverside, California
“Very Welcoming”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

When I moved to Jurupa Valley area in April, I came across this restaurant. It is wonderful! The steaks are always cooked appropriately; the presentation is nice; the employees are friendly. The prices are comparable to other steak houses. We now come here approximately twice monthly.

• Visited October 2013

Oceanside, California, United States
“Great, old fashioned place”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Good food in an old 70's style restaurant. Steaks are pretty good and come out sizzling, a la Ruth's. Good sized portions and the staff is always friendly. Not gourmet, just good.

Visited March 2013
Redlands, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I use to love the food here. The Stockyard was a favorite of mine. However, after the miserable experience I had tonight I will never go back. We get seated right away which was good, the busser took our drink order and the drinks came back and the way he served them the drinks were all over the place on the table. The waitress did the same thing with the refills and never once offered to clear the mess. My potato came out with cheese on it and the cheese was spilling onto my steak, problem was I didn't order cheese. I sent it back and got the cheese scooped out of the potato but when my plate came back the cheese was still on the steak. It was nasty nacho cheese on my steak, so I asked the waitress to get me a new steak, not an unreasonable request since I want steak sauce on my steak not cheese. Well I got extreme attitude so at that point we decided we were done there and would not be eating.

I go to the front to complain, not only about the cheese but mostly about the nasty attitude Danielle the waitress gave me for not just accepting my cheese steak and asking for a new one. Instead of getting a chance to voice my annoyance I get the cashier charge me $6.47 for my drinks! The same drinks that were spilled all over the table by the busser and waitress. So we pay for our drinks and leave. I call later and ask for the manager. The same cashier said that they were working the floor and couldn't take my call.

So I'm out $6.47 and have a ruined night because I didn't accept the nasty food that was sent to my table! I've been coming here since I was a kid when we lived in Mira Loma and this was called Steer and Stein but I will never, ever, ever come back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Emily E
Marysville, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Looked and smelled great, no flavor, dry meat. Says I have to do 50 characters...do you all really want the review to get worse?

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bow H
Lovelock, Nevada
“Best cow in the country”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Best tasting steak anywhere in the area. Always fast service. If on the rare chance there is something wrong with your food they are not happy until you are. I love a good steak but I'm willing to split the plank steak with my wife and I still leave felling full. The price is also great.

• Visited April 2012