“Never Again”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Never Again”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

My husband & I had gone to Anchos about 5 years ago because the parking lot is always packed & we wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I remember then saying we would never go back. The atmosphere reminds me of a cafeteria, all one big room & very loud with peopel talking & kids screaming. But we did agree to go back this past Saturday night for a friends Birthday. Again, very loud & cafeteria like dining room. I ordered the Chili Rellano & ended up with two big blobs of deep fried, thick cake like things on my plate. I took a bite...dug around for the chili & cheese...& all I could taste was GREASE. It was horrible! Only a few others from our party was satified with their meal, but no one said that they thought is was exceptionally good. Needless to say, we will not be going back...there are way too many good restaurants in the are to be choosing this one.

• Visited February 2011

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as great as we had hoped...”
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We had seen comercials for Ancho's for years and always thought that looks like a cool place to eat at. When we finally made it there for dinner we we dissapointed. It was very over crowded with seats hitting each other as you tried to move your chairs in and out to get up. The freshly made tortilla's
were the only bright spot to out entire meal. The food was bland with no flavor and looked like it had been made hours before and heated in a microwave. It was very loud as it was open and had a large bar area with no dividers. We would not go back again.

1 Thank JJMuegge
Riverside, California
“I am not a huge fan of this place, but I have had way better. I found this food to be a bit bland. I dislike having to...”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I am not a huge fan of this place, but I have had way better. I found this food to be a bit bland. I dislike having to add Tobasco to food just to give it some flavor. The only thing I tried here that was worth going for were the Tortillas.
I would not say the food is horrbile, but it lacks the flavor and texture that I have come to expect from Tex-Mex. I will not be going back.

2 Thank PashArmienta
Colton, California
“Great Southwest Grill”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My wife and I saw a commercial for this place on TV. We are always up for trying new places. We were very surprised that it has been around for 25 years! I read these reviews before going to try it out. I always look at the negative reviews first to get a feel for what people liked least about a place. In this case, almost all of the negative reviews came from people who were expecting to find a Mexican food restaurant. I was encouraged by this since I knew that Anchos was advertised as a Southwest Grill. Our experience was great. On top of the food being excellent our wait staff was very attentive and friendly. We were also greeted by the manager, Dean, who was very friendly and accomodating. My wife and I agreed that the absolute highlight were the home-made tortillas, made fresh right in the middle of the restaurant! I recommend Anchos to anyone who is looking for great Southwest/ Tex-Mex food.

Ontario, California
“NOT REAL MEXICAN FOOD”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I just left this place, We came from Ontario I said lets try it, BIG MISTAKE. We are From ELA and moved to Ontario a year back, We can not find good mexican food ANYWHERE. So we tried this place, Salsa LOL you have to be kidding. My baby ate it, that is how hot it WASN'T! Food was GROSS Cold and WAY over priced, a step above TACO BELL. and that is just a little STEP. STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY .

1 Thank ATILANOS