“How can you pass up a homemade tortilla?”

Anchos Southwest Grill & Bar
Ranked #2 of 741 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service. Food was good, not great. Homemade tortillas are the bomb. Salsa a bit spicey. Taco salad was ok, drenched in salad dressing. Everyone else in our party seemed to enjoy their meals. Service was excellent despite taco salad arriving when everyone else was about done. Owner comp'd the salad which was so nice. We'd go back.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've grown up going to this restaurant. I've celebrated many birthdays here. My favorites are the homemade tortillas that you can watch them make in the center of the dining area. Also, the salsa, anchos nachos, soft chicken tacos and steak fajitas. I've heard the ribs are incredible, but I find it difficult to stray from my favorites. I highly recommend Anchos for anyone in the Riverside area.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

After a horribly long wait (2 hours!) and still no service at Macaroni Grill, my family and I ended up at Anchos. What a relief! This food was not only delicious but the customer service was exceptional. After our ordeal at Macaroni Grill we were irritated and very hungry. When we arrived at Anchos we were told it was a 45 minute wait which we were not happy about but what could we do. The wait was not an issue as a waitress quickly approached us and offered us chips and salsa while we waited to be seated...yum! The wait ended up being more like 15 minutes and we were seated and our drink orders taken. Our waiter was great bringing our drinks quickly and keeping the refills coming before we could ask. I ordered the chile rellenos plate which was honestly more than I could eat. The portions are just so big and the food is delicious! The homemade tortillas are just to die for. My seven year old daughter loved watching the tortillas being prepared in the middle of the restaurant. The tortilla makers even gave her a little bit of dough to play with. Overall, I say this is a must go if you want excellent customer service and delicious Mexican food.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my first visit and I had high expectations. The salsa was good and the homemade tortillas were excellent. I ordered a chicken burrito with red sauce, pretty basic it was dry and had zero flavor. My husband had a combo plate with enchiladas, tamale and a taco so we sampled all of the standard fair. Again his was bland had zero spice and was just flat. It seemed like a busy place with a lot of locals. It's so disappointing when you try a place and they put forth very little effort. The service was weird and the food was poor at best. We will not repeat this experience.

1  Thank Love_Dana_Point
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My family and I wanted to try a New Mexican place near the house ,so we browse in the Internet and we found great review for this restaurant .We decide to not order appetizers ,they bring some chips, salsa and also fresh tortillas. A good advise if you want to try this amazing Mexican food place, you have to be hungry because they serve a lot,every plate is for 2 people. I TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE IS DELISIOSO!!!Bon Appetite