“Best steak tacos ever!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Best steak tacos ever! Been coming here for years...Never ever disappoints...The owners will usually come by your table to make sure everything is excellent. They have a flour tortilla maker right in the middle of the restaurant. Great chips and salsa, fresh flour tortillas. Great wait staff. Family restaurant. Expect to wait during peak hours.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Wow, this place was great! A friend who had just moved to the area had heard of this place, and I was in town for business. We decided to meet up here for an evening of food and visiting and we both enjoyed the meal.

The portion sizes are huge. Granted I had the special, but the food came out and it was so overwhelming! The salsa is kind of different, less sweet than many other places, but very good.

The homemade tortillas were just out of this world fluffy and fresh - made right in front of us! We even had some to take home.

The special that Tues. night (2/19/13) was blue corn chicken enchiladas, steak taco and a special tamale. It all came with rice and beans and fixins for the taco. I could hardly eat half of my food and even that was way too much! My friend had the chicken enchiladas which he thought was also good. We both prefered the verde sauce over the red.

I did try the fudge pie for dessert, which was like a really thick cookie in a pie crust. I was expecting more fudginess, but this was still very good. And, good grief it came with 4 scoops of ice cream - enough for 4 people really.

I would recommend trying this place. It is not far from the Galleria Mall area off Tyler. While driving down Hole, I wasn't sure of the area and wondered if I had missed it, but just when you think you've gone too far, you'll see the big sign. Lots of seating here and next time I'm hoping to try a margaritta and maybe it will be nicer weather and I can dine outside.

Try Anchos and enjoy it!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went here while visiting with old family friends who are regulars at Anchos. The food was nothing short of fantastic. The warm home made tortillas- YUM, my bacon wrapped shrimp- YUM my cadillac margarita- YUM. I sure wish that I lived a lot closer, I would go weekly! Then, I couldn't believe how reasonable the bill was for the quality and quantity of the food we ate. What a bargain for such awesome food. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Anchos serves a Southwestern style of Mexican food. The flavors are somewhat different than the Mexican food we are used to, but the overall quality of the food is very good. If you go at the right time they have staff making fresh tortillas. Fun to watch and eat.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been coming here for years and there is a reason to make your way here, the skirt steak, tortillas & salsa. Great for leftovers too. I get the Caesar Al Carbon with Mesquite Grilled Chicken and they substitute the skirt steak. That is the best when you don't want to eat too much.
It is a little higher price, but the value is there.
Very comfortable atmosphere. I love to hang out and visit, this is the place to do it.