“Num, num, num! Southwest Tex-Mex cuisine at its finest!”

Anchos Southwest Grill & Bar
Ranked #2 of 717 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Homemade tortillas, chips & salsa and some of the best fajitas I've ever had in my life. The food is just fresh & tasty and the portions are very large. I don't know if the recipes are from the owner's family or not, but they are very different than the usual fair at a corporate restaurant like El Torito, but everything I've ever had there is to die for. A little more expensive than your typical chain restaurant but worth every penny! I'm actually salivating as I'm sitting here writing this review! LOL!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Horrible food, served by non family oriented crew.
Expensive pricing for cheap mexican food, you are better off driving to any crappy fast food restaurant.

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went to Anchos regularly when we lived in Riverside. Now, living in the midwest, we have to get here to eat no matter where we are whenever we visit southern CA. Our regular is the Carne Asada Tacos. Tender meat, great marinade, grilled over orange wood, and served with homemade tortillas. And the grilled salsa - the best! The beans and rice are fresh and round out a great dinner. Service is excellent and Pepe, the host, makes everyone feel at home. Everyone is friendly, you can watch them make the tortillas, and the prices are reasonable for the value of food quality and service you receive. Everything on the menu is very good, but those carne asada tacos - muy bueno!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have been there a couple of times in the past but this time the food was exceptionally good. We had a great waitress who was very attentive. The tortilla chips are warm and salty, very good. The salsa is a little too pureed for me. The warm fresh tortillas are wonderful. I ordered the Nachos with no meat and they were super yummy. They are individually made with cheese and beans with sour cream, guacamole and salsa on the side. Prices are a little high but the food is very good. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you haven't already, try the Tostada Grande, it's AWESOME ! The fresh, warm tortillas and salsa are equally excellent. I can't wait to go back, it makes my mouth water, just thinking of it...