“Great Food”

Add it.
California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #94 of 714 Restaurants in Riverside
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My family had the recommended shrimp appetizer and they LOVED it, i meand LOVED it!! 2 of the tried the small bite menu and LOVED what they had. I had a half salad-Thai chicken and it was so good. the half salad is humongous!

Reviewed June 8, 2011

It took a long time to be seated, a long time to be remebered for drinks, extra long to take our food selections, and then when we finally got our meals they cam out at differant times. The place was not even full. This has happened to us twice and I would NOT reccomend this or ever go back. If you have all the time in the world, the food is good, then ok. But if your on a lunch break or dont want to spend hours @ CPK then dont go. We made a complaint half way in and they did not improve or offer anything to show they felt bad for the awful service. We will spend our money elsewhere, the CPK in Palm Spring MUCH better!!!

1  Thank councilady
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 29, 2008

I loved their pastas and not to mention their pizzas! two thumbs up!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Pretty good stuff, a little pricy if you have to foot the bill for everyone, but worth it.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 16, 2008

California Pizza Kitchen is a name brand and as some name brands expand, they start selling their product more on name and past reputation than on current quality and service.
CPK is no exception. We usually eat early to avoid crowds, so when we went, there were few patrons in the restaurant. Now this CPK is still fairly new and located in the Riverside Plaza shopping center, so it is still updated and clean.
The service was mediocre, unaffected, and we gave barely 10% tip because of it. The food compared with the price didn't match. In other words, it was overpriced. Either they should give larger portions or much better quality for the smaller portions per order.
Our food also was not as hot as I thought it should have been.
I made a big mistake and ate it anyway.
As a result, I did have mild food poisoning. I did call the manager to let him know what we ate and when. I was not looking for nor did I ask for a refund or gift certificate due to my experience, and none was offered. I was thanked for notifying the manager, but didn't really get an apology.
I am certain that this isn't the case all around, but first times leave an impression. Mine was that I probably won't be back.