“A true palce to Honor our fallen.”

Riverside National Cemetery
Ranked #4 of 41 things to do in Riverside
Manhattan, Kansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A true palce to Honor our fallen.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Be sure and visit around the 4th of July and attend the "Concert for hero's". You will remember it for the rest of your life.

A beautiful night to honor all who served.

You will hear a wonderful concert by the Riverside County Philharmonic.

Yours truly
Julian E. Rosine

Visited July 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Exceptional.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was there with the Director several times, glorious grounds, had all the fine points explained to me. Memorials are stirring. Who would ever think that a cemetery could be so inspiring.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank karenrose314
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful National Cemetery”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The grounds are kept up beautifully. It is a beautiful tribute to our veterans. The statues and monuments are very pretty, and it has a lovely lake. I am proud to have my husband there.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Maria C
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Largest Cemetary on West Coast”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

You might not think it would be interesting to visit a cemetary, but this one is quite active for a Veterans cemetary with over 30 funerals per day. It is a beautiful place with a stadium near a lake for events, like concerts. The best for visitors is there is a Memorial for Medal of Honor recipients and a POW/MIA memorial. These are worth the visit and it's free.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gumshoe2000
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Place of Serenity, Beauty and Pride”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My first experience at Riverside National Cemetery was at a military funeral in 2012. I grew up in Riverside and never even knew this beautiful place existed. I have been to Arlington Cemetery in D.C., which is gorgeous and enormous, and was surprised to find that Riverside's National Cemetery is second in size only to Arlington, and just as special. Riverside National Cemetery is a place for quiet introspection, respect and pride. As I looked around, I felt the same enormous gratitude in Riverside that I felt in Washington. On July 3rd each year, there is a wonderful outdoor concert called "Concert For Heroes". It is a beautiful event and I highly recommend it to everyone. At the concert, we had the extreme pleasure of sitting next to the son of Medal of Honor Recipient, Staff Sgt. Ysmael Villegas. Although he had never met his father, he was so proud to be his son. I felt his pride and shared it with him. This is a must see for your visit to Riverside.

Visited August 2012