“Easy to think of as just a bar, but good food too!”
Review of Proabition

Proabition
Ranked #13 of 745 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2018

But I very much enjoyed the early dinner I had. A good selection of appetizers sandwiches and dinners. I opted for two appetizers - Fish Tacos and Blue Cheese Tater Tots. Both were wonderful. I sat in the outdoor patio area as it was very pleasant outside. Inside did seem a little noisy but there were a lot of young people in groups inside so that might explain the noise.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to Prohibition. We were in town for a concert both times and the drinks and food were so good the first time, we decided to try again.
My husband had the mahi mahi and I had the smokehouse burger. I asked for the burger “protein style” and they served it beautifully with lots of lettuce but still a pretty presentation. The angus burger was cooked perfectly and tasted more like a steak.
My husbands fish was cooked to perfection as well. Drinks are strong and delicious and they have a great happy hour. Within walking distance to the Fox Theatre if you’re in town for a concert or show.

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

We went after a wedding in area. First our waiter recommended linguini with veggies. OMG flavor was perfection along with tender assorted vegetables. My sister had Mahi Mahi which she enjoyed very much (she ate more of my meal) I’m Plant Based... Last but not least jazz band was fantastic we stayed longer than we expected just and listened . Jazz Junkies were a nice and wonderful experience. I recommend highly for a second date outside seating area. Inside bricks and chandelier. I would say don’t bring children it’s a mood killer!!

Reviewed May 14, 2018

We met some friends in Riverside as a stopover on our way to San Diego. The restaurant looked appealing and received good reviews. Got there on a pleasant weather day so we sat outside which was a plus. It seemed like inside would be more noisy than i would have preferred but that's just a guess.

Pretty entertaining start to the night as there was a sign at the front (outside the front door) that said something to the effect of the hostess will seat you. But there was no hostess so we had to track one down.

The server was initially prompt and got us set up with drinks and appetizer. Made good recommendations on the menu and the order process was efficient. After that, she didn't seem that attentive. Additional needs were handled by some other server who happened to be passing by and/or a food delivery person. Pretty typical and average - to the point where you can anticipate the 'how's everything so far' right on cue and then never hear back.

Food was about the seem in terms of average. None of us (four people) raved about the flavor of the food. We had nothing bad to say about it either. In fairness, it was delivered hot, was of high quality, and was prepared well. But again, no pop with flavor. I had a half-chicken that looked as though it was going to be fantastic...but ended up just good.

In terms of value, dinner was a good value as were the drinks. Nothing overpriced on a relative basis.

I could probably go on. Point is that while not bad on all fronts - it wasn't excellent or very good. It was AVERAGE. I would go there again if I just needed to eat.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are at The Mission Inn for 5 days. We went off campus for weekend lunch to ProAbition Whiskey Lounge. Our server Daniel was friendly and efficient. My wife and I each ordered ProAbition burgers served on pretzel rolls. Delicious. I also had a side salad while my wife enjoyed blue cheese tater tots for her side. My cocktail was ' "Can" I Kick It', a drink featuring peach vodka and ginger beer. It was excellent. Inside is a bit noisy but the outdoor seating offers fresh air and a better view!