“"It's the bread," they tout, but, sadly, not much more...”
Review of D'Elia's Grinders

D'Elia's Grinders
Ranked #26 of 721 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The bread is good, crunchy on the outside, but soft inside. Kinda causes a mess, 'cause the thin crunch stuff falls off as you eat it. But it's good. "It's the bread."
And not much more, at least, that I've experienced on my, maybe, half-dozen visits.
Random Examples:
Sliced in quarters, there's no telling if one of the quarters may not have that much meat, because they didn't distribute it equally.
Mostly vegetables on at least one occasion.
Said "OK" when asked to use oil & vinegar, but then it wasn't put on, and the next visit they said they don't use it - that it's not an option. (?!?) Please say "excuse me?" when you don't understand; don't say "OK." I'm hard of hearing and have to do that all the time... - sorry! - but no shame; it's the way it is.
That liquid-fake-smoke on the beef-dip? They should warn people. Actually, they should lose it, Really. I'm a fan of "beef dips / au jus" - and this was hands-down, the worst I've ever tried to eat.
First, there was actually plenty of meat on this time, but it was "pre-dipped in this "smokey" (fake!) au jus that had that flavor added. (I know, it's made from "real" smoke blah, blah blah It's horrible!) The bottom was soggy with it (psssst: "It's the bread.") and soon my wife and my hands stank of this stuff. She had like one bite, and I had - OK, I'm a pig - like 3... before I realized how un-good this was.
Yeah they exchanged it - but we had to drive two miles there and two back (What's the price of gas these days?)
And then we got this 2 inches of (good maybe great) bread, and one micro-thin-less-than-Subway's each layer of turkey and ham. micro.
So I called 'em on that too and they were great on the phone and offered me a free half-sandwich, but ya kno? It'll be awhile before I'm back. What's the price of gas?

1  Thank Paul B