“I Stay Here Often”
Review of Thunderbird Lodge

Thunderbird Lodge
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed at the Thunderbird Lodge four times and have had only great experiences. I believe the place was renovated shortly before I began staying here and it was done very tastefully. The staff is friendly and always remembers who I am (even though there are six month gaps between my stays). Great location near downtown, not far from the university, and is usually pretty inexpensive!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hotel had excellent customer service. Mattress was awsome, I usually complain because of a bad back, but not this time. Very close to downtown but not a good neighborhood to be walking around. Wifi was slow, but the manager made sure I was able to do what I needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well I stayed at the thunderbird lodge in riverside for their good reviews and great advertisement . I was going to be in town for a few days so I just decited to give it a try. Everything was great clean rooms, comfy bed nothing to complain,... -the Negative side when we arrived I had asked for a non smoking room because I'm truly disgusted with the smell and allergic to it. It turned to be that the Deskclerk was clearly a smoker "she smelled from head to toe like cigarettes " yuck! Even tho I was given a non smoking room It turned to be worse. clerk walked around the lodge smoking another cigarette, great now I have to deal with the smell outside my room. i don't understand why in working hours she would do such thing! only in california im guessing. can things get any worse? Yes .later on that night I stepped out my room to get some ice and I seen the same clerk talking to a guest comfirming on a date!? I was truly shocked to witness such thing. Although clerk was nice when we checked in what kind of prefessionalism is that? I will never allow my husband or family stay at this place again. I know most of it all is non of my business but I just think everything about my stayed was wrong! I will not be returning to this place again. Ill recomend people that If you need somewhere to stay, to keep on driving theirs plainty of vacancy with professional staff around the area.

Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Jenniejew
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Rooms were nice and tastefully furnished. Close to downtown area which is quite interesting, although hotel appears to be in a slightly run-down area of town. Features complimentary parking near your room, working and free wi-fi, air conditioning, bar fridge and coffee machine. Overall, the price is about right for what you get.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ruth520
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in king size bed. Room was large and comfortable. Bed was extraordinary comfortable. Room was not dark at all. Pillows not comfortable. No coffee or breakfast. No tissues in room. Old style 19 inch tv. Service wasn*t good - couldn't get a reciept.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank DavidBryan
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our experience was generally positive during our one-night stay with one major disadvantage. The hotel was easy to find with a colorful neon sign. There is a liquor store across the street and a McDonald's within walking distance but not much else nearby. Parking is within the perimeter of the rooms, so it was easy to keep an eye on your car. It was a little chilly the night we arrived (February). The heat worked well but blew the curtain about until we used the supplied iron to pin the curtain against the window. The shower was nice and the towels were thick. There was shampoo and body lotion but no tissues. The television and coffee maker worked well. Usually hotels offer a continental breakfast but the Thunderbird did not. Perhaps no breakfast is customary in this part of California. There was a small pool and hot tub which we did not use. The wifi worked better with my phone than does my home wifi. The major annoyance was that our key cards didn't work in our room. We either had to let each other in or be let in by staff (staff's key worked fine). I was able to enter once using the key card through vigorous rubbing in the lock. When the manager was made aware of the problem, he offered us a room on the second floor (this room was on the ground floor) but since there were two of us and we were only staying one night it was not a big problem for us, so we put up with it. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sitruce
Reviewed January 6, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com