Thunderbird Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$89
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$139
$90
All reviewsfridge and microwavecomfort innclean roomswalking distanceplace to staytvucrcarpetfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Clean, friendly and oh so comfortable! The bed was incredible and is the type that makes you just want to stay in it. I found that I was upgraded when I got to my room.

I will most likely be staying there once a month. And I am very very pleased with that.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Persephone360
Reviewed March 21, 2011

The exterior doesn't say much about the place, but the rooms are nicely maintained. We originally reserved a regular room through hotels.com, for a reasonable price, but decided to upgrade to a suite. The people at the reception desk were accommodating and allowed us to just pay the difference.

The standard room was nice and spacious; had a mini fridge and a microwave. The one big downside was that it only had a shower. No tub. It was a large, spacious shower, large enough to fit a tub, but without a tub. That was the main reason, we decided to move to a suite. The suite had a shower and a tub; a mini fridge and a microwave, just like the standard room. But... it had a red heart-shaped tub in the room as well. It was totally kitsch, but cute. It was fun.

The bed was comfortable, and it was overall quiet in the whole facility. It is also close to downtown Riverside, where you can visit the Mission Inn and other local boutiques and restaurants.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dee_C_2010
Reviewed December 27, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Thunderbird Lodge in Riverside over our christmas vacation. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a King room at no charge based on the availability of the rooms, and the manager was very accomodating. Our rooms were clean and had all the ammenities we needed. Maid service came every day and stayed well into the early afternoon to make sure we got everything we needed before we came back in the evening. We even ended up making a mistake and overbooking a day, and when we found our mistake and told the manager, he had no problem refunding our extra night after already providing a late checkout. Also, by far the best room prices we could find in the area. Definitely a place we will come back and stay at again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brianw1111
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I found THE THUNDERBIRD LODGE of RIVERSIDE, CALIFORNIA to have a MOST ATTRACTIVE room with the MOST COMFORTABLE bedding! Also, a VERY WELL ILLUMINATED exterior/parking area. This is an ATTRACTIVE smaller lodge which was TOTALLY redone a couple years ago. Only negative was it's CLOSED pool/spa area which if was open would of been VERY NICE! I found my room EXTRA CLEAN as was the exterior with staff sweeping lot in early morning. MOST ENJOYABLE stay @ this property!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2010

My husband checked in here on a business trip. Discovered bedbugs all over the bed.
The sheets didn't even look clean. All the front desk would do is try to offer him a different room! I had to bugbomb his luggage when he came home. Disgusting!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
tbirdlodge, Manager at Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2010

Hello Mrs. jammoms3,

I do apologize for your husband's recent stay at our hotel. I was on vacation and did not have an opportunity to personally speak to your husband. Unfortunately, bedbugs are a current national problem and transferred through the belongings of our guests. The problem has been identified and is being treated as we speak. Please contact me with your details and we can remedy this situation. We take pride in our reputation and think it speaks for itself.

Neil Bhakta