“Stay for the heart-shaped tub” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thunderbird Lodge

Thunderbird Lodge
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Los Angeles, California
“Stay for the heart-shaped tub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

The exterior doesn't say much about the place, but the rooms are nicely maintained. We originally reserved a regular room through hotels.com, for a reasonable price, but decided to upgrade to a suite. The people at the reception desk were accommodating and allowed us to just pay the difference.

The standard room was nice and spacious; had a mini fridge and a microwave. The one big downside was that it only had a shower. No tub. It was a large, spacious shower, large enough to fit a tub, but without a tub. That was the main reason, we decided to move to a suite. The suite had a shower and a tub; a mini fridge and a microwave, just like the standard room. But... it had a red heart-shaped tub in the room as well. It was totally kitsch, but cute. It was fun.

The bed was comfortable, and it was overall quiet in the whole facility. It is also close to downtown Riverside, where you can visit the Mission Inn and other local boutiques and restaurants.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dee_C_2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Thunderbird Lodge in Riverside over our christmas vacation. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a King room at no charge based on the availability of the rooms, and the manager was very accomodating. Our rooms were clean and had all the ammenities we needed. Maid service came every day and stayed well into the early afternoon to make sure we got everything we needed before we came back in the evening. We even ended up making a mistake and overbooking a day, and when we found our mistake and told the manager, he had no problem refunding our extra night after already providing a late checkout. Also, by far the best room prices we could find in the area. Definitely a place we will come back and stay at again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brianw1111
Las Vegas, Nv.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

I found THE THUNDERBIRD LODGE of RIVERSIDE, CALIFORNIA to have a MOST ATTRACTIVE room with the MOST COMFORTABLE bedding! Also, a VERY WELL ILLUMINATED exterior/parking area. This is an ATTRACTIVE smaller lodge which was TOTALLY redone a couple years ago. Only negative was it's CLOSED pool/spa area which if was open would of been VERY NICE! I found my room EXTRA CLEAN as was the exterior with staff sweeping lot in early morning. MOST ENJOYABLE stay @ this property!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

My husband checked in here on a business trip. Discovered bedbugs all over the bed.
The sheets didn't even look clean. All the front desk would do is try to offer him a different room! I had to bugbomb his luggage when he came home. Disgusting!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
tbirdlodge, Manager at Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Hello Mrs. jammoms3,

I do apologize for your husband's recent stay at our hotel. I was on vacation and did not have an opportunity to personally speak to your husband. Unfortunately, bedbugs are a current national problem and transferred through the belongings of our guests. The problem has been identified and is being treated as we speak. Please contact me with your details and we can remedy this situation. We take pride in our reputation and think it speaks for itself.

Neil Bhakta
Manager
Fresno, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

NIce motel and near where we wanted to be in downtown Riverside. Everything is new and the rooms are comfortable and spacious. Had a small problem with the satelite TV but the staff fixed it in short order. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC & San Diego CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

This hotel has clearly been recently refurbished and was spotlessly clean. It is low on frills but the room was spacious and comfortable with all the amenities needed, such as iron, blow dryer, shampoo, nice soap, plenty of fresh, clean towels, etc. Check-in way easy and pleasant. The bed was very comfortable. I normally stay at places like Marriott and Sheraton forbusiness, but on a recent personal trip to Riverside couldn't see spending the money for a 1-night stay. Based on Tripadvisor reviews I selected the Thunderbird and am so glad I did! It was a real bargain. However, it is right on the edge of a sort of spotty neighborhood, so (as a single female) I felt a bit uncomfortable going out very late at night, but the hotel itself is secure. If my husband had been with me I would not have felt nervous at all. This hotel is about equivalent to a Days Inn and much better than a Motel 6.

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

After having had more than a few lousy sleepless nights at many motels over the years, this place was a breath of fresh air. The room was immaculate, the sheets high quality, and the beds were so comfortable that I'm going to try to find the same Serta set for my home. Everything imaginable was provided, right down to an ironing board, refrigerator, single use cups, and REAL coat hangers, not those nutty don't-try-to-steal-me 2 part puzzle hangers which we all know and hate.

I will definitely return to this location on my next trip down to visit friends.

Linda R., Wenatchee, WA