“Great food and service!”
Review of Cactus Cantina

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cactus Cantina
Ranked #91 of 706 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming to this restaurant since they opened. We even had his birthday party there one year in their little room with about 40 people there! The owners are fabulous as are all the wait staff. Gloria, the wife/owner is a Jewell. We've never had a bad meal there! We are retired now so have to watch our $$ a bit more than when we were working so don't get there as often but still it is our place to go when really wanting a great meal fairly priced and great service!

There are newer reviews for Cactus Cantina

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

If you want a last minute dinner then this place is for you. Food is alright price is good. Movie theater is near by so thats a plus.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Most of the locals up in the Canyon Crest, Mission Grove and Orangecrest area of Riverside probably already know of this place. My family (wife and two boys) eat here about twice a month.
Great selection of meat, fish-seafood and mexican food with very reasonable prices. Friday and Saturday night there is prime rib for only $15.95. Food is always very good to excellent, service is always good, friendly and fast (if you plan to see a movie at the Mission Grove Theatre next door you wont be late do to slow service). Good Bar, place is full by 6 pm on Fridays and Saturdays but the wait is never very long. I recommend that you go and check it out!

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Great place to take just about anyone....Mexican, burgers, salads,steaks, seafood....you name it, they probably have it! My husband had been there twice & hadn't been disappointed in his selections except for the calamari appetizer. Their chips & salsa are yummy; I had fish tacos & they were baja style & I liked the fact that they put the white sauce on the side; you decide how much to put on your tacos. I requested veggies in lieu of rice/beans...the best I have ever had. Yummy food....enjoy!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

How can i say anything negative about a restaurant I have been going to for 13 years......when it opened as Texas Looseys and then transformed into a forgettable intermediary before becoming the noteworthy CC.
The pros
Excellent service
Alcohol in the mixed drinks!
Delicious BBQ ribs and baked chicken
Tear inducing smoke as the fajitas are brought from the kitchen

The cons
Re-do the bathrooms! There is a poster of Aeon Flux in there (worst movie ever made)
Re-do the design top to bottom....The side room never made any sense...feels like a room made for bad children at church
Turn down the refrigerator on the kegerator cuz the beer can approach camping temperature
Bring the menu to the new millenium

Even with all the cons, its still a great bargain...it is still a fun night out,,, which I cant say for Applebees or Chilis
Cactus C has its own charm...but it is like a well kept 2000 Toyota Camry....its still functional but out of date.