“Not too impressive...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
riverside
“Not too impressive...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Not quite sure I like this place. My friends and I came here for a birthday dinner/cocktail hour and it happened to be Taco Tuesday. We were seated right away, and the staff was friendly, so that was a plus. But, The tacos are $2.00 when a few doors down the tacos are $1.00 at El Torito. The margaritas are $5.00, and they're actually pretty good. A bit pricey compared to competitors, but yummy nonetheless. They said they're lowering the prices for the tacos starting next week, but not sure it's worth it to come back. My friend ordered the calamari, which was really dry and cut up like chicken strips (it actually really tasted like chicken, not calamari). I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and fries to take home to my boyfriend and he wasn't too thrilled about the food either. My friends said they got stomach aches from the chicken and carnitas tacos, but I had the fish tacos and I thought they were actually quite tasty. We sat outside where there was a DJ conducting karaoke night, and that was a little mood lifter.

All in all, for the price and experience, I've had much better and probably wouldn't come back here. Not that it was a horrible experience, but nothing about it made it fun or memorable enough to come back.

-Jessica

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Queretaro City, Mexico
“Fried Green Beans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Mazz Bar & Grill is a beautiful, new restaurant in Riverside, California. There is both indoor and outdoor seating with a large bar and buffet. I think the buffet is only for lunch and we were there for dinner. We sat outside on a warm evening. The service was great.

They serve a lot of Martinis there and have an extensive list of Margaritas. They were kind enough to make me a Margarita off the menu with only freshly squeezed lime, tequila and triple sec. (This might sound like a Margarita, but try to order one some time.) Served chilled and straight up, this drink is a taste of the world to come in a glass.

A unique appetizer was the Fried Green Beans. The whole fresh green bean was battered and deep fried to perfection. The bean was warm and crisp. It was served with a delicious dipping sauce. For main dishes the salmon was excellent. They made a pleasant presentation of delicious chicken tacos. I rarely order a cheeseburger but it looked so good on the menu that I could not resist. I was not disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
Beaumont, California
“Great atmosphere, we would come back again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Good local mexican/spanish restaurant in Riverside, Ca. My wife and I went on Jazz Thursday's for our first visit to this restaurant. Great atmosphere as soon a we walked in with a live jazz band playing. They play from 7-9 pm on thursdays. They were very good

As for the food, it was perfect! We had the nachos for appetizer, I had the mazz chicken torta and my wife had the mazz street tacos with tortilla soup. All was excellent and very well priced. In short we will come back!