“Pub Style”

Lake Alice Trading Co.
Ranked #264 of 703 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Pub Style”
Reviewed September 4, 2014

This is a casual, clean pub style restaurant and bar. Had drinks and dinner with a group of friends. Drink service started out a little slow but server was super nice. Dinner was really great which was surprising for a pub. We had an appetizer of spicy shrimp egg rolls and then Cajun mahi tacos for dinner. It was really great!! Will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Delicious Food & Well Crafted Drinks”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

In the early 2000s this place was one of my hang outs. Fast forward to the present: my husband and I decided to check out downtown Riverside on a drive back to Los Angeles and I suggested we eat at Lake Alice. I was curious to see if much had changed about the place in the past several years and I'm happy to report that management kept everything that was great and has kept up with the times in respect to their food and drink menu. On the food side, I did stay with tradition and ordered their classic BYOB (Build Your Own Burger) and my husband enjoyed their Texas burger. Nice thick patties, with fresh toppings and cooked perfectly. I was the designated driver, so I stuck with their fresh brewed ice tea, but I did take a small taste of my husband's Moscow Mule and it was delicious. The place is still kept very clean and lots of eclectic decor but not too much that it looks junky, just right. It appears they have added a better lighting system for the stage and we are eager to return on a night when they feature live entertainment; it was always very good before. Our service was a little slow, but our server was also tending bar, so taking that into consideration she did a great job. For you smokers, their is outdoor dining in front of the restaurant with several tables. Lake Alice still has a couple of well maintained pool tables and a shuffle board. They have updated and expanded their televisions, so if you come in to watch a game, there really isn't a bad seat in the house. Lots of stools at the bar, plenty of tables and chairs, the upstairs room is still available for parties and - very important - the ladies' room does not look like a bathroom at a sports bar & grill, but rather at a nice restaurant or even hotel. We will be back several times to try out some of the 'new' items on the menu and catch the game or a live show. Lake Alice will once again be my 'go to' place in Riverside.

• Visited June 2014
Riverside, California
“Cool Bar”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Fun bar with good live music right in downtown Riverside. No attitudes, and plenty to do around the area.

Visited March 2014
Alta Loma, California
“BIG LOUD and ROCKIN' !!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

HUGE room bar and rock n roll club atmosphere. We went on a Saturday afternoon when the place was very underpopulated. I wanted to see this place that way without the loud rush of competitive bar patrons just to see it for what it is !

Visited August 2013
“Three strikes, you're out!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I live pretty close to this place, and they have great food...but after three consecutive trips where the bartender was rude, I'm done! First time, came in about two pm...bartender was busy talking to a "regular", glanced my way and nodded, but proceeded to continue talking for nearly ten minutes before properly greeting me and offering me a drink. I ordered my Corona and told her I was also ready to order food, but she cut me off mid sentence to say "hang on I'll be right back" and returned to that same customer to talk for ten to fifteen more minutes and ignore me. I threw some money on the bar for the beer and headed to Applebee's where they treat customers right. Second trip, I was with my roommate, we had again sat at the bar, ordered and ate food, then told bartender we were not done, just heading to the patio for a smoke. Came back inside and all our food and drinks were gone! Asked what happened and got a snarky reply. Ugh! Wrote a post about it on Facebook on their page, manager tells me how great their bartender is, she's been working there forever....OMG, she is a rude, incompetent snob! So....dying for their bacon wrapped shrimp, I go a third time...Sat at the bar, same bartender....she ignores me for about five minutes then comes and takes my order....such a crappy attitude, clearly doesn't like her job, could care less about anyone except "regulars"... I'm amazed she even HAS regulars with that negativity! The last straw was how she treated someone coming in for an application...turned the poor girl away with a curt "we're not hiring", then proceeds to tell same regular customer that the girl wasn't good looking enough to work there. OMG....why does she even have a job there, and why doesn't management see how bad this person is for their business? Never going there again!

• Visited July 2013