“Salsa to die for”

Olivia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 810 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I used to go to Olivias at least once per week when I lived in Riverside and would take a quart of salsa home with me afterwards. It is one of the top 5 things I miss most about living in the city. It is family owned and operated and they are all so nice! Just the best authentic mexican food! I even had my high school graduation dinner here and everyone loved it.

The decor has a lot to be desired but I am actually glad they toned it down from what it used to be - bright gold and blue walls. You will have luck finding parking in the rear of the building, but dont let the garbage bins or kitchen door deter you. This is the locals entrance.

By far the best Mexican food in Riverside! Highly recommended!

Date of visit: July 2012
1  Thank Capri0190

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Authentic Mexican meals. A bit greasy. Not a very attractive setting or location. The decor is really old.

2  Thank adwrd
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been eating at Olivia's for about 20 years. I have taken several family member and friends here over the years and the are consistently great. There food is tasty, always fresh and homemade. My favorite is the #1 lunch special which you can also have for dinner. It is a cheese enchilada, ground beef taco, rice and beans. It is the perfect amount of food and never disappoints. Try it with the green sauce instead of the red, you won't be disappointed. My husband loves the super nachos with the shredded beef. Big and tasty. I also like their Carnitas tacos with jalapenos and guacamole they are just spicy enough. Quesadilla Burrito is something you won't find on any other menu and is worth a try for something different, it might even become your favorite. The albondigas soup is very good. Salsa can be spicy depending on the day but is still very good. Ice Tea is great too. The service is always good. Olivia and her daughter Anna and son Mario are the best. It is a little hard to find off of Magnolia, kinda hidden but not to the locals. It is always busy with the faithful locals who know great mexican food and keep coming back for more.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband isn't much of a Mexican food fan, but he loved the shredded beef tacos! I, on the other hand, adore Mexican food, and very much enjoyed my tamale, cheese enchilada, and beef taco. The tacos were the highlight of the meal. My wine margarita was great, but strong, so be careful if you plan on having more than one. We also sat on the patio, which was nice and mostly quiet even though it's near a busy street.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We've been eating at Olivia's for years and it never disappoints. The shrimp tacos are my favorites. The service is always good.

Date of visit: July 2012