“Pretty expensive sandwiches and burgers”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Salted Pig

The Salted Pig
Ranked #10 of 701 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Riverside, California
“Pretty expensive sandwiches and burgers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Im gonna say it up front, I'm cheap but one thing that will pry open my wallet is good grub. The food was good but 66 bucks for a bacon burger, brisket sandwich, two beers and an appetizer was probably 30 bucks more than it was worth. It seems to be a pretty "hip" joint but since I dont wear a handlebar mustache, skinny jeans and lumberjack clothes I doubt I'll be back.

1 Thank BadKarma65

Jurupa Valley
“A little pretentious”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

On the outset I would offer that this venue may be more suited to a different demographic than found in Riverside. The menu and beer concept is not a bad one, but some items have left the realm of creativity and are just strange. Smoked bacon marmalade and popcorn shoots on a $14 burger? Other items we found tasty but done better at several nearby establishments. The beer menu is also overrated and overpriced. Some of the samplings we tried were near stale. When we offered a pour to our server to demonstrate, we were received with some indifference. Without continuing further, my friends and I found the Salted Pig to be a rather cold environment, not bad, but not inviting either and overreaching.

• Visited May 2014
Santa Ynez, CA
“A really excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

When in unfamiliar territory, my husband and I often seek out pubs on the first night of a trip. We're tired, we want quality comfort food and good beer and we need it to be easy. The Salted Pig did not disappoint. We did go fairly early on a Friday night (right at 6 pm actually, so we didn't need to pay for parking at the meters) and were fortunate to get seated right away. We chose the bar, though we could have taken a table, and that was absolutely fine. Our waiter was excellent and attentive but relaxed and friendly as it should be. My husband ordered one of their brown ales, which we both agreed was excellent and I ordered a drink from the bar - also well-made. I recommend the filthy fries as an appetizer. My husband had a wild boar short rib and I ordered the "Really Good" burger - and it was. Everything was fresh, homemade and with quality ingredients. The crowd was on the younger side as some reviewers have noted, but we didn't at all feel out of place (besides, we aren't THAT old). No room for dessert. Great meal, great time and it fit the bill exactly for what we were looking for that night.

• Visited June 2014
California
“Totally overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've heard a lot of people talking about this place, with comments both positive and negative. Went there with a couple of friends on a Friday evening, and we were seated right away as it was pretty early. We ordered drinks, and the bacon fat popcorn. The popcorn had a large number of unpopped kernels in it, which is annoying. And when we got towards the bottom of the bowl there was a lot of bacon fat pooled along with all of the unpopped kernels. Two of us ordered burgers, and one of us ordered a tomato sandwich. The burgers were both undercooked, yet the buns were burnt. My bun was so burnt that I couldn't eat the bottom of it, it was totally charred black. The tomato sandwich looked impressive but didn't deliver on taste. They bring fried or salad with the sandwiches and burgers. The salad was pretty good. The fries were okay, they come with the house ketchup which tastes exactly like they spooned some tomato paste into a cup. Drinks were okay, not impressive. My expectations were higher than what we actually got. I won't go back.

• Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“A very happy discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were very please to find this restaurant. All the meal we took were excellent. The probably have a great chef. They do there own beer that was excellent. The waiter was also very friendly. We had a real good time. We even came back the next day !

Visited April 2014