“rooms were huge”

Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights during a business trip.
Room - wow, it was huge. Loved the large sectional sofa. Loved the large flat screen TV. The bed was comfy, room was clean, and the mini-fridge was more than adequate for my needs.
Breakfast - not bad, since it was included. Good on some days, average on others.
Pool - small, but functional. No Jacuzzi (hot tub) though. Why not?!?!?!
Wi-Fi (internet) - free, and had no problems with it in my room. Although I must admit that the huge kept calling out to me for attention. ;)
Work space - was adequate for me and all my tech
Fitness room - small, but functional
Staff - during my stay, the staff was excellent!

Room Tip: High floor facing the pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Dianne F, General Manager at Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear J E!
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay! We pride ourselves on being a tech friendly hotel as our guests should expect when traveling! We know in this day and age we must stay connected and I am happy to hear you found yourself very comfortable!
As for the Jacuzzi, although we don’t have a Jacuzzi to offer, I hope you were able to take advantage of our pool that is heated to 84 degrees year round, making for a nice comfortable swim!

I look forward to meeting you on your next stay with us and again, thank you for taking the time to post a review!

Happy Holidays,

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Overall the hotel is very nice with a friendly and helpful staff. My problem is really the location. So it depends on what you are doing in Riverside. If you are there to go to an event in the downtown area, like the Mission Inn, this is your place. It is only a 5 minute walk, very convenient to the very cool downtown area. There is also a pretty cool pub just around the corner called Proabition that we went to while staying here.

The hotel also has a complementary breakfast which was fresh and tasty. They offered some items with protein, which you sometimes don't get with the free breakfasts at other hotels. Free breakfast and parking was a nice value-add.

The rooms were very large and comfortable. There's a nice sitting area for relaxing, as well as a small desk with plenty of plugs for your devices. The complaint I have about the room is the small closet. We were there for a wedding and there were few hangars, all of which were thick. We could not manage to hang my husband's suit, sport coat, shirt and my dress. They wouldn't fit on the bar. I'm not sure why they skimped on the closet space in these huge rooms. You could not fit a carry on size bag in there either. I usually like to unpack my things and put my suitcase away when I travel. that was not possible.

There seems to be a problem with homelessness in this area, which is unfortunate. The town is in a very pretty area with some cool little shops in the down town area and the beautiful Mission Inn and all the related things there. I felt uncomfortable with all the transient people that were there. We did a lot of walking (there is a CVS two blocks away) and we went to a nearby park. The last day we were there, a local apartment complex had a gas leak and they put up the residents in the hotel. The incident was unfortunate, but suddenly there were tons of people there that made me uncomfortable. They must have not had much time to get out of their place because they had trash bags of clothes and they were dirty. They were just loud and obnoxious. (they were ghetto) I guess nothing the hotel could do about that.

Right when we were about to leave, we noticed they were doing some work on the hotel. We had gone to CVS and just returned to our room and noticed that someone had opened the window. Nothing was missing, but it was disturbing.

Verdict - if you are doing something downtown like at the Mission Inn -- definitely stay here! If you don't have to stay in Riverside, don't stay in Riverside.

Room Tip: I think the rooms that face the pool may be quieter since they are not right on the road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dianne F, General Manager at Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Greetings TripCasey!
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We enjoy receiving feedback from our guests as it continually gives us the opportunity to grow! I am happy that you enjoyed our close proximity to the downtown area. There are many great one of kind eateries and shops waiting to be explored in our unique main street pedestrian mall! ProAbition is a great new restaurant that just opened up and many of our guests enjoy eating there as well!

I am very sorry to hear that you were made to feel uncomfortable in any way while visiting Riverside. It is our number one priority to ensure that all guests have a comfortable stay while with us and while visiting our city. We are committed as a city to ensuring a comfortable visit while visiting from out of town. As you mentioned, there was a local apartment complex that had to relocate their residents for a few nights into many of the downtown hotels due to the amount of residents that needed to be relocated and we are delighted that those residents have been able to return to the comforts of their homes.

Again thank you for your recommendation of our hotel! And we look forward to hosting you in our home in the future!
If you should need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at 951-321-3500.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice clean and comfortable hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. They always made sure that my needs were met and I was comfortable. Very clean, bright and inviting. The most important thing of all the beds are very comfortable. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Dianne F, General Manager at Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Greetings busytraveler1960!

I love that you said that you felt that the staff always made sure your needs were met! That is an amazing compliment to us as we work hard to ensure that we are talking with our guests and doing everything possible to ensure that you are well taken care of while with us!
Thank you for your review!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was one of the nicest hotel's I've stayed in. Extremely clean and modern, staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was convenient (until the lot got full and you had to use valet, but even then wasn't bad). In a nice part of town in walking distance to lots of great restaurants.

One thing I would say is I'd like to see a bit more variety in the breakfasts... 2 of the 3 main entrees were the same every day throughout my stay... got a bit old after staying for a whole week.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Hi There AppleTech!

Thank you for your review! As you noticed our parking lot is connected directly to the hotel making easy access in and out of the hotel! We do also offer valet at no additional charge to make our busy nights still very convenient for our guests!
I am so happy to hear that you had the opportunity to appreciate our proximity to Main Street pedestrian outdoor mall that has many one of kind eateries for our guest’s to enjoy!
Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Best,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

an awesome hotel & staff! my king room was great; a corner room with 2 windows. the lobby is comfortable and inviting with 3 computers for guest use and printing. the breakfast is great and very filling; can be continental or full American. location is great; near the mission inn and museum, antique stores, tasty restaurants including prohibition, simple simons, bella tratoria, elephant thai, and many others in walking distance! very pleased. thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Greetings Dave S!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay! We pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding all of our guest’s needs! As you mentioned we offer our deluxe hot breakfast each morning, our complimentary business center services as well as complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel to each and every guest that stays with us! We know what our travelers are looking for when they travel in this day and age, and that is to stay as they live! I am very pleased to hear that you were comfortable with us and I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.
Warmest,

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was coordinating a long term business event in Riverside and not only were Donna and her staff the most responsive, but they were also the best on pricing and the value for what we got was impressive.

They were completely on top of setting us up with our internet connection, configuring a room for our needs and incredibly flexible with our ever changing schedule and room requirements.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to Riverside for business or pleasure. Their willingness to go above and beyond absolutely blew me away and I hope to do business with them in the future.

Dear Mousa,

I know I speak for all of us when I say that we were honored to host you and your colleagues at our hotel. You were a delight to work with as well! We know how demanding our guest’s work schedules can be and it is our utmost pleasure making staying with us as easy as possible for our guests!
We took look forward to doing business with you in the future as well!

Many Thanks,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

a perfect stay...have been a hotel resident for about a month now and the staff is awesome! they go out of their way to ensure comfort and satisfaction. get a corner room (ask for room 530 LOL). 2 windows and very spacious! their breakfast is great: breakfast sandwiches during the week and american breakfast (scrambled eggs, meat, etc.) on weekends...always yogurt, cereal, breads and bagels, cottage cheese, juices, coffee, water, hot tea, oatmeal or grits, fruit and so on. it's great! staff is great: dianne, sylvia, donna, eboni, mercedes, cathy, roger, chris, lyla, kristen, olga, imelda, eric...know i'm missing someone...i could go on and on; you're great

thomas c. anthony ;-)

Room Tip: high floor, corner room - room 530 is great!! also can request a room where your window faces inner...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business