“Good food and something different”

Gram's Mission Barbeque Palace
Ranked #66 of 702 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Barbecue
Petaluma, California
“Good food and something different”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here while attending a convention in the area. Fast food type place without the "Fast Food Taste". The Pulled Pork sandwich was huge, very flavorful, and served hot. The Baby Boy Fish Fry was very good and fresh - not previously frozen. Small place with just a few inside tables and more outside. Would definitely go back.

• Visited June 2014

Cave Creek, Arizona
“It was OK.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Me, my son, and three of his friends grabbed an early dinner on a Friday afternoon. The first kid ordered pork ribs. No can do, they’re out of pork ribs, so he orders the beef ribs – two ribs to the order. The second kid orders gumbo. Nope, out of that too, so he also goes with the beef ribs.

There’s a minimum of seating both inside and out, but the staff helped us out by sliding a table up to a booth to make room for all five of us. We sat down and they brought our drinks out to us. Then the cook came out and said he only had three beef ribs left, but that one of the kids who ordered them could take one rib and pick another meat. The kid selected brisket.

When they brought the food out, one kid got the two ribs, and the other kid got a brisket sandwich and no rib, which we had to ask for. We were all supposed to get corn bread but only some of us got it. At this point, I didn’t care anymore. I just wanted to eat, regardless of what showed up on my plate.

The boys seemed satisfied with their food. I found my brisket to be greasy and a little tougher than I prefer, but it had a good flavor. The potato salad was excellent. The red beans and rice were just ok.

I’m willing to say that the food in general was good and any difference I had with it is to be chalked up to personal preference. I’ll also let the missing cornbread and whatnot slide. At least fifteen people converged on the place right behind us and chaos ensued. What I can’t understand, though, is how a BBQ restaurant can be out of ribs at 4pm on a Friday afternoon.

• Visited April 2014
“Terrible customer service”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I called in a pick up order of a family meal for ribs and chicken. I was told it would be ready in 30 minutes. When I went there to pick it up it wasn't ready. After waiting another 45 minutes, being asked a minimum of 10 times what our order was, and then was finally told it was ready. After paying I checked the bag (which I could tell did not make the employee happy) only to find it wasn't my order at all. (I firmly believe they tried to pass off a wrong order on me.) Then after again explaining three more times to three different people my order I was told they were out of beef ribs. My request for a refund took another 15 minutes. So I understand now the other poor reviews on bad service. Don't waste your time here.

Visited March 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“No Frills Fine Food”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Quite a contrast to the ambiance and prices down the street at the Mission Inn, but the food carries pretty high quality as well. Friendly warm service.

• Visited March 2014
Riverside, California
“Tasty food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food is tasty and reasonably priced. Service was a bit slow but worth the wait. The collard greens were awesome!

Visited July 2013