“Far East in the West”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We were craving Thai and had several choices where we were at but decided on droning a bit out of downtown to get that guaranteed quality. We had there lunch special for under $10 a plate and the flavors are amazing. The portions are big and the chef and owner Patrick really knows how to work magic with the Asian spices. I had the Pad Thai and my widow had the Drunken Noodle we requested they be spicy. Patrick has a spicy scale of 1 - 10 so we chose a 7 and it was perfect. The plates are serve in formal dinner plates for great presentation. The place has a modern decor and is slightly darker for that romantic mood. They also serve fine wines and champagnes if you desire but we had water with a twist of lemon. The lunch special also comes w a small salad and the kicker is the citrus lemon sweet dressing that teases your pallet.

1  Thank JessesThoughts

Reviewed April 25, 2014

They are consistently good. We get the same thing almost every time we come. Dragon fried rice. 1 with tofu and 1 with chicken. Used to get the Kee Mow spaghetti but I think it was taken off the menu. :-( But no matter even without the Dragon Fried rice I'd still find something to get.

So glad to see a smaller place, good place stick around here. It's not typical generic food. Which I like. And they actually cook tofu well. And the staff is always friendly and attentive.

1  Thank NISHA B
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Been here over thirty times and the owner -Sandy- still doesn't know my face? Everytime I come in, I'm asked if I've eaten here before? Doesn't make me feel good and slightly annoyed when I go there. I know I'm not Norm from Cheers but c'mon! My average ticket is approximately $80 with a two party min... at least try to remember me. Lol Have given this restaurant so many chances. ... have not gone back since I realized after multiple attempts of them getting Pad Thai wrong. .. I've given them too many chances. The last Pad Thai I ordered was dry and bland. The service from the young staff isn't bad and the menu has a good array of selections. Overpriced and over hyped.. Sorry gra pow....please get your act together. Two years ago I would have given a totally different review.

2  Thank SuBlaze
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to Gra Pow after a friend told us we should try it out. We loved every bite! We sat outdoors - the service was excellent. The food.....every single bite was phenomenal. The salad was fresh and had a tasty dressing. We had the green bean chicken and grilled salmon, both with brown rice. Nice sized portions, but more importantly, super fresh and yummy!!! We will be back!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Short and sweet: I lived in Thailand for over two years, this is AUTHENTIC Thai food and service. It is truly a pleasure to visit, be greeted by by first name sit down, order, be served and truly enjoy the food and the company. I have eaten at "Grapow" on Sunday evenings since shortly after they opened, IF I am in a mood or do not know what I want I just ask to be fed. I have NEVER been disappointed. Grapow is so fantastic that when I have recommended them to my friends, I tell them IF they are NOT satisfied I will be happy to pay for their meal. I have NEVER had to pay for an unhappy meal. My name is Richard, you will find me eating at the bar.