“Never disappointing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Riverside, California
“Never disappointing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is always fresh and flavorful, the staff is always friendly. This is our favorite Thai restaraunt.

Visited November 2012

Moreno Valley, California
“Gra Pow looks upscale but was merely average stir fry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I met an old pal for dinner at Gra Pow's Asian Grill and Bar on a Monday night. Parking was adequate and the restaurant looked high class. Gra Pow gets high marks for the landscaping and decor in the outdoor seating area. Service was brisk and I ordered salmon with vegetables and my pal Bob wanted the eggplant special. Chinese, Thai, Japanese and some curry dishes dominate a very large and attractive menu.

Gra pow loosely translates from Thai to mean "stir fried ingredients" and although the salmon was grilled, most other side dishes were definitely stir fry. However, I specifically ordered my veggies to be well steamed or cooked and evidently that request was ignored or not understood. I find that most Asian restaurants rarely vary from their strict menus or cooking procedures to meet customer's requests. Although I enjoyed the chat with friends, the salad and salmon were fine but other food was mediocre.

Bottom line: I would recommend Gra Pow. At least give them a try. Its a nice place and if they could overcome a few glitches, it would be a Very Good-level restaurant. But I probably will not be back unless invited.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MonkeyOnTheWing
Riverside, California
“Worst service I have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

After seeing the reviews here I now see that the service is clearly a problem. It was appauling when I went, never had a water refill, never asked if I wanted another beer, after the food was removed from the table it was over 20 minutes to get the bill. worst part was we sat by the cash register so every employee walked by and saw this. I am truly shocked at how bad the service here is, they really do not care for their customers at all, 20 minutes for the bill?
I will try to say something positive, it seemed clean but was very dark inside. the food was fine but there is more flavor and spiciness at the Panda Express up the street. It is really hard to be positive when you had a service experience that was so bad.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ichabod104
Riverside, California, United States
“Greatest place ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This place is the greatest. I just celebrated my engagement party here on 11/17/2012. I could not have asked for more. They went above and beyond what I was expecting. Even the owners were on site making sure everything was perfect. We had a party of 40 and everyone was ranting and raving about the food and service. I could not express how much I appreciated all the staff at GraPow. If you have never been here then this is a MUST go even if you live far away. You will not find a friendlier staff and greater food elsewhere........

• Visited November 2012
Riverside, Ca
“Good food, ok service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Gra Pow was recommended to us twice in the same week so we decided to check it out. We had been looking for a change from Bann Thai and Table for Two. We thought the food was very good. Had the pad Thai and the 4 meat noodle. We had to wait awhile after we ordered but that was ok as when the food arrived it was really nice and hot. The servings were really big, much bigger than Bann Thai and Table for Two. I also thought my Thai iced tea was good.
Now, for a couple Areas of improvement. It took a long time to be waited on after we were seated. One girl took our drink and food orders and another brought the food. After the food was delivered nobody ever came back to see if everything was ok. In fact, we never saw drink/food girl again or the one who brought the food. If we would have needed anything it would have been a problem. Finally when it was time to go I just grabbed some other random waiter and asked for the check. Hmmmm, does he get the tip? We were waiting quite awhile after we had finished eating. Nobody was available to wait on us or offer a dessert menu.
Gra Pow is a good restaurant but it could be a great restaurant if they work on improving their service.

1 Thank Ace624