the good: brand spankin new hotel. Everything is new and perfect and clean and it's within walking distance to multiple places to eat. breakfast is free and it rocks. free showtime and internet in rooms
the bad: little pricey but I was a walk up; no bar; kind of far from downtown proper Meaning - not close to D'elia's but.. close enough :)
I had to make a last minute trip to Riverside to help my aging Aunt move into an assisted living home. I was born in Riverside and have been there many, many times. Once with my wife and many times as a kid. Riverside has, over time, changed by (I think) not changing much at all. Much of the city is as I remember it as a kid. Much is EXACTLY the same and, as a result, has become run down.
I say all that only to say - I have history here, I know my way around, but when my wife said I had to stay in a hotel with a lobby, I understood that to mean "don't stay somewhere iffy" and I didn't disagree.
Unfortunately, I decided to "wing it" and made no reservations before flying out. The first night after visiting with my aunt in the nursing home she was moving from, I had to drive around and find a place. I tried my GPS(on phone) searcing for a Holiday Inn Express, but the nearest one was 11mi away. Next up: Hampton Inn .. 3mi away so, off I went. Once I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel is in a newly built area called Riverwalk and it is squeaky clean. I walked in and attempted to get a room. With a little complaining I secured a king room for $89 a night. I was ok with that. I hadn't planned ahead and the hotel was by far the nicest one around. Little pricey for my taste as I do love a bargain but, again, I'd not planned ahead.
The room was super nice, flat screen, free showtime, free Internet, and nice sized. Bathroom was nice and big and had walk in shower (no tub) which I liked. Some newer hotels have tub/shower and the tubs are slippery.
Breakfast was also provided and it was buffet with egg/potatoes/sausage, waffle maker, and all sorts of other food. I was very impressed. Dining room was also very nice.
I only stayed here 3 days but utilized the ice machine (worked great) and ate at two places near here. Pizza place was nice (got it to go) and food was good. I also ate at the Carls Jr, which was.. well.. Carls Jr. :) But good enough and close!
Overall, this hotel was fantastic. Super clean, close to all my needs, and priced fair. I would stay here again in a second and will do so on my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Southern California, yet far from the hustle and bustle of the big city, sits the Hampton Inn & Suites® Riverside/Corona East hotel. Boasting a location near the cities of Corona and Moreno Valley, our Riverside hotel is just 21 miles from Ontario International Airport and 60 miles from Los Angeles International Airport, Universal Studios Hollywood and all the top attractions that L.A. is famous for. A mere 30 mile drive takes you to Knott's Berry Farm®, as well as the house "The Mouse" built…Disneyland®! But you don't have to venture too far from our Corona hotel in Riverside to find plenty of adventure. Pick up something fabulous at the prestigious Galleria at Tyler. Rejuvenate at Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa. Cast a line at the Corona Lake Fishing Area. Hit the links at Oak Quarry, Goose Creek, Hidden Valley or Eagle Glen golf clubs. If you're here on business, you'll find there's plenty nearby. Our Riverside, CA hotel is located just a mile from Kaiser Permanente, Geo Tek, La Sierra University and more. Plan your getaway to this tranquil respite in Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Riverside / Corona East Hotel Riverside
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Riverside / Corona East