“Super nice place close to most of Riverside” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East

Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Marietta, GA
“Super nice place close to most of Riverside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

the good: brand spankin new hotel. Everything is new and perfect and clean and it's within walking distance to multiple places to eat. breakfast is free and it rocks. free showtime and internet in rooms

the bad: little pricey but I was a walk up; no bar; kind of far from downtown proper Meaning - not close to D'elia's but.. close enough :)

I had to make a last minute trip to Riverside to help my aging Aunt move into an assisted living home. I was born in Riverside and have been there many, many times. Once with my wife and many times as a kid. Riverside has, over time, changed by (I think) not changing much at all. Much of the city is as I remember it as a kid. Much is EXACTLY the same and, as a result, has become run down.

I say all that only to say - I have history here, I know my way around, but when my wife said I had to stay in a hotel with a lobby, I understood that to mean "don't stay somewhere iffy" and I didn't disagree.

Unfortunately, I decided to "wing it" and made no reservations before flying out. The first night after visiting with my aunt in the nursing home she was moving from, I had to drive around and find a place. I tried my GPS(on phone) searcing for a Holiday Inn Express, but the nearest one was 11mi away. Next up: Hampton Inn .. 3mi away so, off I went. Once I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is in a newly built area called Riverwalk and it is squeaky clean. I walked in and attempted to get a room. With a little complaining I secured a king room for $89 a night. I was ok with that. I hadn't planned ahead and the hotel was by far the nicest one around. Little pricey for my taste as I do love a bargain but, again, I'd not planned ahead.

The room was super nice, flat screen, free showtime, free Internet, and nice sized. Bathroom was nice and big and had walk in shower (no tub) which I liked. Some newer hotels have tub/shower and the tubs are slippery.

Breakfast was also provided and it was buffet with egg/potatoes/sausage, waffle maker, and all sorts of other food. I was very impressed. Dining room was also very nice.

I only stayed here 3 days but utilized the ice machine (worked great) and ate at two places near here. Pizza place was nice (got it to go) and food was good. I also ate at the Carls Jr, which was.. well.. Carls Jr. :) But good enough and close!

Overall, this hotel was fantastic. Super clean, close to all my needs, and priced fair. I would stay here again in a second and will do so on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RALRW, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Hello mdinmayretta,
I just wanted to take a moment and you personally and from our whole staff for sharing the great experience you had with us on your recent stay. We strive to be our best in Riverside/Corona and we are grateful you felt the same! Can't wait to see you in town again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed here two nights due to family member being in hospital nearby. Appreciated hotel desk called twice right after we arrived to make sure our room was satisfactory. Our king room was much nicer than most hotels I have stayed at. The bed was so comfortable, I literally slept better than I do at home. I enjoyed each night's sleep of our stay. The only down side is that this room came with a shower only and no tub. This affects me as I don't want to get my hair wet everyday when washing up. Also I like soaking in a tub and relaxing. The staff did offer to switch our rooms but it would have been to 2 queens and I didn't want to sacrifice the space for the tub. So it is my quirk not that others would feel the same way. The hotel is relatively new, nicely decorated, and clean.
For the free breakfast, they had pre-made omelettes, potatoes, yogurt, waffles, cold cereal, sweet rolls, bagels, muffins, and toast besides coffee and juice. The first morning, I went down at 7:30 am, and found that a large group had just gone through and cleaned out the coffee, the omelettes, and fruit. It took a while for the lady who works in this area to replenish the breakfast offerings. No complaint, just an observation. I liked also that if you miss breakfast hours, they have a breakfast bag at front desk which included: water, muffin, granola bar, and fruit. That was very considerate.
This hotel is in a mixed residential, business office area. There are about 4 fast food-type restaurants in same parking lot of hotel which makes it very convenient to find somewhere to eat, if you do not want to drive.
I would definitely book this hotel again if ever in the area again.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, check with hotel first which rooms have them. Also, I called directly to hote...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

This hotel is a hidden gem. I love the great service this hotel had to offer. I came with a handicap Mother 95yrs. and aunt 89yrs. to visit each other. and it can sometime be difficult to move around the rooms. they put us in a wonderful room with plenty of room for wheelchair and sitting room for all three of us. The breakfast was nice love real oatmeal, waffles great. fruit and coffee fresh. I will stay here again I will bring my husband next time. Thank you for the great time. A dog park within walking distance

Room Tip: east facing room very sunny rise early light. but cooler afternoons. keep curtain closed if late sle...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ojai, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I always get great service at this hotel, the rooms are clean and comfy, and they have the nicest Hampton Inn gym I have been to. I was also happy to have steel cut oatmeal at the breakfast bar instead of those little packets.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed here after spending the day in Yorba Linda at the Nixon Library. It is about 30 minutes from the Library but on our way home to Phoenix/Prescott AZ area.
Rooms spacious and breakfast buffet was good - hot pre-made omelets, fresh fruit both sliced and whole, cereals, oatmeal, waffles, pastries, bagels etc.
Ate dinner at Big Sushi just a few steps from hotel. Excellent sushi, sashimi, and cooked entries. There is a bar so you can have a saki bomb, beer, wine, etc. with dinner.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for room without bathroom fan noise..if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Apricot_Alma
city of angels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I really loved my stay. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was super clean and the breakfast was very yummy. The bedding was a great thread count - had to be 300TC or more. The area was quiet, but shopping if needed. I will stay there again in 2012.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

We used to live in Riverside, and still visit family there. Hampton Inn is by far the nicest place to stay within 40 miles anywhere around this run down town, and the Riverwalk area is by far the newest and cleanest. The room was very clean as is the hotel itself, and all is in order. Breakfast the next day was quite good as well. Only issue was a low end drone sound throughout the room, which was worse on the 4th floor, so we opted for the 2nd floor. Light sleeper, so I was awoken by this drone ( hum) sound at 5am. Also had a guy cleaning the parking lot with a leaf blower at 10pm - 11 pm. I did recieve a refund for the room and will try them again if the room noise issue is corrected in the future, as I see others staying after we did had the same issue. After being on the road all day I do need a good nights sleep to recharge, and that didn't happen here, and that's what I'm paying for.....

Room Tip: Noise from the hotels interconnected bathroom vent system makes a constant drone noise, even in the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family