“Riverside bliss”

Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Very well kept facility with nice staff and amenities. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Very nice hotel 1.5 years old. We stayed one night using points and was upgraded to a suite room which is really nice, modern, and comfortable. My wife really liked the soft extra blanket they had. Here's all what we found.

Very quiet area with plenty of large parking spaces. Breakfast area is really nice with lots of sun shining in and large warm lights as well. Very tall 30 foot ceilings and large granite table give it a elegant feel especially since you are eating off of styrofoam plates & bowls- but it is FREE so I'll take the crappy plates any day. There are also cozy seating areas with padded booths and pillows. They don't show this room on their site but they should.

All of the lobby and hall photos on their website are accurate. Very nice and modern looking. Receptionists were friendly and helpful. We used the pool a bit in the late afternoon- 85 degree water was nice. Pool area had not been picked up- towels, cups, etc There are a few restaurants within walking distance. The closest is about 300 feet- Big Tuna, a sushi place. We ate there and it was good and very reasonable prices. Bento box $8.95

Our room- 211 had great lighting except in the shower area. It was also noisy due to a bathroom fan always running and the boiler room directly below us. Something would cycle on and off every hour or so and it would vibrate the room. We did not switch rooms because it didn't seem so loud in the afternoon and by the time we went to bed and discovered it was going to be a pain, it was too late at night and we had already spread out our stuff all around the room. I would have slept all through it if it were not for the thin pillows that made me toss. My wife brings her own pillow from home. The bed and bedding are very comfortable and plush. There was a stain on the underside of the duvet.

Some areas of the halls already have scuffs and dirty marks.

Overall a really neat place and we very much enjoyed our relaxing mini get away.

Room Tip: 211 is noisy but a great size and layout
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tadtv
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The staff is absolutely a 10+. I am a Hilton Honors member and on arrival asked if I could pay for an upgrade to a suite if one was available. The clerk checked on availability and gave me the upgrade complimentary. I had opportunity to interact with the check in staff on several occasions asking for information. They were always very polite and helpful. The room was very spacious. The bed was awesome. The complimentary breakfast was awesome and the staff there were extraordinary as well. I would highly recommend this facility and staff. It was a longer drive to the area where I had meetings but I would definitely stay at this facility again - even with the drive! Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is one of the most accommodating hotels that I have ever visited.The people at the desk were friendly and very helpful. The hotel was clean and very well decorated. Also the breakfast was attractive and better than most other places I've stayed.
If there was one issue that might help if it could be corrected, it would be the entrance signage. I had trouble spotting it upon arrival but then I got used to it so it's really no big deal.

Room Tip: I just took the room they offered and it was fantastic. I stayed here two different times in Nov. 20...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel was a wonderful surprise. Since it is so new, we were able to maximize our use of Hilton Honors reward points which is why we picked this hotel. We enjoyed a very nice stay for an exceptional value. Everyone was very hospitable and the location was convenient too. Lots of shopping, dinning and even a drive-in movie close by. Yes, it's a little set back from the road but Google Maps took us right there with no trouble.

I'll be going back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TY469
Reviewed September 28, 2011

A bit hard to find--look behind shops & restaurants on the west side of Riverwalk Parkway. We booked a King Studio Suite, and it was our favorite room among 4 hotels on a recent weeklong trip to So. Calif. The room was very clean; bed was very comfortable; and it was quiet despite being located--basically--in a parking lot behind a shopping center.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Recently stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites in Corona. The hotel is very easy to find...just off the 91 Freeway and is located in a business-park like setting. (Use the hotel's direction instead of your GPS. For some reason my GPS took me on a route that tacked on additional 20 minutes to the commute and had me approach the hotel from a totally different direction. Off the 91 its like 3 minutes.)

There are a number of casual "grad and go" type eateries that share the parking lot with this hotel, along with a Carl's Jr. about 50 yards away. There are also other restaurants within five minutes from the hotel.

The hotel itself is new. The rooms are very clean and the common areas are nicely decorated. Beds are comfortable and the air conditioning system works fine. Bathroom was extremely clean. Flat screen TV is nice. I had a problem with some loud humming in my room when I checked in. I called the front desk and they immediately relocated me to another room which was fine.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning is nice. Nothing fancy but more than adequate with hot and cold items and a very nicely decorated and comfortable dining area. My only suggestion is that some of the seat cushions be cleaned more often as some showed signs of being soiled. Other than that...very, very nice place with very courteous staff.

Be aware that traffic on the 91 in the morning can be brutal. If you are commuting to Riverside, etc., allow some extra time for your commute. Otherwise, this is a great hotel to stay at. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Kamaaina808
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside
Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area
Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East? Share your experiences!