“Awesome sushi place”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Awesome sushi place”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were looking for a place for dinner on Christmas day. Most places were closed and we were ready to compromise on quality. But this place was open and turned out to be awesome. I highly recommend the lobster roll.
The place was noisy but not obnoxious. Service was good even though the place was crowded.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank traveling_indian

Newport Beach, California, United States
“One of my all time favorite places for sushi!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

There are actually two restaurants, both with the same name. The original is the one in Riverside and was later sold. I guess the new owners kept the name. The original owner started up a new restaurant in Corona off off McKinley and it is just as good as the original. The sushi is of the highest quality and is very fresh. I've been to both locations for the 'all you can eat lunch' with some of my friends and they keep bringing out the food, as much as you want. I love sushi and this had always been of my all time favorite places to go. I just recently found the other Asahi Sushi in Corona and it was just as excellent as the first one had been. The owner comes out and greets you personally and because the friends that I was with have become friends with him, he sent over 'special orders' for our table, things that weren't on the menu! It is a totally awesome place and I will come back time and time again whenever I'm in the area

• Visited November 2012
“This review is for Asahi in Corona”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The original Asahi began in Riverside on Van Buren until about a year ago. Since it's been sold, I haven't been there. I followed the owner to his new store in Corona off McKinley. So I can't review Asahi in Riverside but I can however review Asahi in Corona. It's as great if not better than it has been in several years since Asahi was first opened. The owners are genuinely grateful for your business. They recognize you and treat you like VIP. Oh, and the Sushi.... Out of this world. I was there yesterday for Friday lunch and it was packed barely got seats at the counter. There were 9 sushi chefs and they were all busy!!! The menu offers sushi and rolls you have to pay extra for at other sushi places. There is little to no rice!!!! The fish is fresh and delicious. If you have never been, you have to go!! You will be repeat customers. Please be aware of their hours since I believe they close in between the lunch rush and before dinner. Congrats on your success, Asahi Corona.

• Visited November 2012
Banning, California
“Incredible Value and Quality”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

An "all you can eat" sushi place in a strip mall in the middle of Riverside? When I first heard of this I thought "how could this possibly be good?" I was dead wrong. The sushi is excellent and the service outstanding. We must have eaten $70-$80 worth of sushi for only $42 ($21 pp, ) the service was excellent. I accidently knocked over my water glass and before I could even pick it back up, 2 people were there to clean my mess and get us straightened out. Drink glasses never went empty, we never had to flag a waitress to reorder. Yes, the place is crowded (not surprising, considering quality and price) and the tables are close together because it is a small storefront restaurant. But it is well worth it. Go during the week (Mon-Thurs.) to get the green tea ice cream for dessert.

• Visited October 2012
Riverside, California
“Great value”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The sushi is always fresh and delicious. My only complaint is that it is very crowded and the tables are close together. There is almost always a wait, but it is worth it.

• Visited June 2012