“Good food, no waiting”

Cask n' Cleaver - Riverside
Reserve with OpenTable
Cask n' Cleaver - Riverside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 706 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Iowa
Reviewed October 6, 2012

didn't have a reservation on a Friday night, but still got in. Nice selection, great wine selection too. Was very busy and waitress never brought the appetizer...

There are newer reviews for Cask n' Cleaver - Riverside

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We used to go to 'The Cask' regularly in the 'old days' .. the bar was always hopping and you had to wait for a table, but that was okay, because it was 'The Cask'. Been back twice in the last six months and have to say that it is just average .. which is sad ... the hook here has always been the salad bar, which is still part of the meal. It is well stocked and fresh and is really the highlight of the meal, along with the great little rolls. We ordered a cocktail and iced tea .. don't order the iced tea ... it was not good last time and hasn't improved this time. Tastes bitter ... better off with water. Our dinners were good ... prime rib and teriyaki chicken .. the waitress was helpful, but seemed overworked. The manager, who also was in charge of the front desk (which we could see), spent most of his time running back and forth from the kitchen to various tables ... and several groups had to wait longer than acceptable to be seated. Just seemed to be an 'okay' meal ... nothing out of the ordinary. And 'The Cask' was never ordinary.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Didn't try the steak, but did enjoy the french dip sandwich made with the prime rib. It was really good, decent steak fries and a fresh ceasar salad. Rolls were pretty good.
A nice classic place to dine, service was probably a little slow, but I think the idea is for people to have a nice meal with who they came with, enjoy good food in a comfortable not-stuffy atmosphere.
I would come again if in the mood for steak, but there is chicken available on the menu as well!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The food was good but the service was incredibly slow

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Having eaten, though infrequently, at various Cask 'n Cleavers for over 30 years, I was sorely disappointed with the accuracy in delivering the food which was ordered by those in my party on Saturday, January 7th, 2012.
Having arrived at 6 pm, I thought it was early enough to order a medium-rare cut of prime rib. Due to some earlier foul-up though, I was informed that only medium- well and well done were available, so I changed my order to the large Rib Eye Steak. It was served done to perfection.
My wife and daughter, on the other hand, were not so lucky. Both ordered their Top Sirloin Steaks medium-rare. My daughter's was very rare when delivered and my wife's was medium-well. Additionally, my wife had ordered baked potato with sour cream and chives on the side. It was delivered w/o the side, but cold and slathered with butter. The waitress was called, the problem explained and a replacement was delivered with sour cream & chives on the side, but again, with butter melted on the potato.
While we were waiting for our dinner to be cooked, I approached a manager regarding the prime rib unavailability and another issue unrelated to our food choices. Since the answers I got to both issues were unacceptable, I didn't feel a complaint about the order errors would elicit any positive response from him, so I didn't address the issues with management.