If you just want a cheap place to stay overnight, skip this place. The prices are higher here, but there is a lot to the place. It was built over a long time, so everything is not always easy to find, but you can spend hours just walking around the hotel looking for quirky art work, interesting views, weird architecture, and much more. Go to the balconies overloking the courtyard restaurant and just look around - you will see hidden balconies, gargoyles, stained glass windows, etc. Also look for the atrium open air stairway at the back of the hotel, and try to find how to get there, a real challenge.
Great restaurants in and around the hotel.
Great pool as well.
If you have time, take the tour, we didn`t have time, but heard comments from those who did - well worth the time.
The rooms are not large, and are quite old, but all have the charm and elegance of a classy hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside