Don't be confused- this is not a luxury property. Expensive restaurants, fancy lights, expensive room rates... but fairly cruddy rooms.
My room was not renovated since the mid 1980s, and the hallways and common areas are dated as well- and not in the "authentic Spanish Mission" way.
This is also the first US hotel of this size I've stayed at in the past 5 years that did not offer wireless internet in the individual rooms - I dont mean for free, but at all. I paid $9.99 per day for wired internet in the room.
The gym smelled terribly, and you had to walk through a service entrance to get to it; outdated cardio equipment and weight resistance machines were on top of each other, with no space to stretch.
No real service, as no one spoke to me in the 5 days I was there except in checking in and out.
The room was quite large though, and apparently some rooms are renovated.
For the amount of money this hotel charges though, it should have some of the basic amenities of a moderate hotel. Instead, it simply pushes its overpriced restaurants and spa- which are clearly the moneymakers. A Marriott would have been a nicer room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside