Very BIG disappointment--checked in on a Thursday afternoon--room was not ready as promised on time--got to room which was billed as one of the premier rooms--which architecturally speaking it was--amazing domed ceiling with hand painted murals--however after being in room for less than 3 minutes it was apparent that room had not been cleaned--toothpicks on floor along with hairpins and crumbs everywhere. Children had obviously been playing with steam on French door windows as handprints everywhere (yes it is what kids do, but the hotel should have cleaned). We called Manager and they sent up housecleaning staff which was indeed prompt--head of housekeeping came in a apologized profusely. Got past that and decided to pour a glass of wine. Grabbed the two glassed near the ice bucket which had paper lids on them indicating to a reasonable person they were clean. As we began to pour the wine, we noticed some sort of gel inside the glass along with tons of finger marks/prints. Took glass down to reception desk, Manager admitted it was "disgusting" and took $100.00 off bill and apologized. Had dinner in the restaurant which was fine. Went to bed and was looking forward to waking up and seeing this spectacular domed ceiling, HOWEVER the horribly uncomfortable bed had a canopy covered with some dirty fabric that blocked your view of the ceiling--THE WHOLE PURPOSE of this particular room. Called desk again in morning, tried to explain about the bed canopy blocking view--rep taking call kept trying to get me to have a free breakfast to make up for it--then agreed to a 10% concession. Whole stay, other than the fact I was with my amazing partner was awful. Dirty hallways, worn carpets and filthy elevators. Also found out the folks staying in a room next door that was 500.00 more per night, actually paid $150.00 LESS than we did!
Hotel sent survey, I responded with the facts--no response. This soured my opinion of a place we had made a tradition for 8 Holiday seasons--always went yearly to see the phenomenal light display and have a holiday dinner. Doubt would ever go back. Thanks Mission Inn for pilfering our hard earned dollars and ruining what should have been a memorable experience. Seriously thinking of disputing with credit card company as what was promised was NOT delivered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside