“30th anniversary at Mission Inn”

The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I booked a nice room (433) for my wife and my 30th wedding anniversary. The suite next door was rented to a group celebrating a both birthday party and party they did. Very noisy from 6:00 pm to ?. Security was not able to do anything about the noise.

We left at midnight. Will not go again. Was not offered a comp.

Room Tip: Don't do it!
1  Thank JimCGG
Write a ReviewReviews (1,693)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been trying to get my wife here for 10 years and we made finally made it. We loved it. The room was great, we loved the pool, nice shopping around the hotel, and the charm of the hotel can't be beat. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a great time. Well worth if for a special weekend.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is an exquisite hotel to have booked the day after Thanksgiving ! The Festival of Lights begins on this day with music, celebration, and festivities along the adjoining mall. Hotel guests have the privilege of watching the fireworks shooting off from the hotel rooftop from their hotel rooms and or balconies instead of being outside the hotel with the thousands of onlookers. It is a site to behold and they spare no expense. This spot is one of Southern California's best kept secrets...Riverside's weather at this time of year is amazing...much like Palm Springs which is nearby. The ice rink on the mall, horse drawn carriages, incredible hotel and downtown restaurants along with a superior spa make this an ideal holiday getaway...A magical holiday experience throughout the season. I've repeated my stays here and have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: I ask for rooms facing the center courtyard overlooking the Spanish patio. I also will ask for a roo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013

While the hotel is breathtaking and one should have visited it once in life I think. There are a few downsides, firstly it is loud, there are always celebrations going on, receptions of all kinds and if your room faces a restaurant there is music. At the same time, you hear all night long the close-by train which makes you frequently wake up during the night. At the same time, I had two reservations, since I extended my stay , I did not want to move rooms during my stay, therefore, I sent an email and called the hotel the day before I arrived. However, when I arrived, the room that the front desk staff had reserved for me the day before and which would have allowed me not to move, was given away. It took front desk staff 40 minutes to find a room for me in which I could stay 5 days in a row. Yes, I was upgraded and given a really nice room, but still. At the same time, rooms were not made until the evening. The food in the different restaurants is good to excellent, cocktails are great. Swimming pool area is also very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Pictures on the website are somewhat deceiving as it is a little more run down than how it appears. The hotel is old and has gone through numerous renos over the years to help and restore the patchwork architecture from years past. There is a lot of history in the area although our first impression was somewhat tainted by a considerable number of homeless. The hotel itself has thousands of stories to tell and has enough amenities within its walls to keep you entertained. We booked the 110 years of romance package which included a couples massage at Kelly's Spa - fantastic, dinner at Duane's which was quite nice and cupcakes from casey's cupcakes - somewhat disappointing. Our original room was on the 4th floor wasn't quite what we were looking for and when I mentioned it was a birthday gift they gave us an upgrade to the presidential suite. The staff was quite friendly, lots of culinary choices, quaint bars and a spa to get pampered with. A nice place to kick back and relax and it looks like it will be quite the spectacle for Christmas as throughout our stay as they were hanging lights EVERYWHERE!!!!

Room Tip: Each room is unique. Staff seem to be ok with allowing you to preview rooms before checking in whic...
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a warm inviting hotel with a great staff. We stayed one night here as a quick getaway and really enjoyed the hotel. We ate at Duane's seafood at the hotel and it was excellent! Also, the mission inn restaurant on the patio was also very good. We were on the autumn package which included free valet, a $25 gift card to be used anywhere in the hotel, two Casey's cupcakes with the flavor of our choice and a deluxe room all for $179, quite a bargain! We had a little problem with our room but they were quick to change rooms for us. The front desk manager Ingrid called us in the morning to make sure we were happy. I met her that morning and the new hotel director Alexander and both were as sweet and friendly as can be. We will definitely return and next time take the tour for $13 ! Be sure to see the festival of lights at the hotel this holiday season!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street traffic
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with fantastic architectural details. There are many interesting ancient style features, hidden stone, spiral staircases and Tiffany windowed chapels. The eccentric owner hosted numerous So Cal celebrities. Also a surprise are the artistic collections of bells and floor mosaics and Asian art. Have dinner or drinks in the Spanish courtyard and you'll feel like you are back in Europe. Lovely pool as well!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business