The Inn was spectacular, the photos are definitely accurate. Even if you don't normally appreciate architecture, you will love this place. The weekend was perfect, we spent a day touring the Inn and the local downtown area. When we weren't enjoying the patio, balcony, and hotel room, we were poolside. It was truly amazing, like stepping back in time. The Mission Inn is stunning and we will definitely be back. We stayed in one of the Mission Rooms because I was dying to have the stain-glass windows. It was well worth it.
The bathroom is on the small side, the shower was not intended for more than one person or for someone over 6'4. Also it can be a little drafty in the bathroom, it is an old building. Nothing that was uncomfortable though.
Duane's was the best filet mignon we've had... period. Las Campanas (delicious as well) is outside dining, so note the weather. We took advantage of room service for breakfast one morning, very tasty and responsive. Recommend the fruit and waffles.
Things to Do:
Try the local drive-in, yes there is still one in existence! We went on Saturday with a picnic basket and enjoyed the drive-in fare as well as our own. We were traveling to try our hand at driving Indy cars at the Fontane Racetrack, the drive-in provided a nice change of pace. The area is your typical downtown, closing early and with little going on after hours. We also ventured over the the local museum that was a block away. The Ansel Adams exhibit was surprisingly thorough and unique.
Was ideal, the staff were friendly and responsive. The bellhop was the best we've ever had!
Make reservations at Duane's Steakhouse (seriously delish!) and for the Mission Inn's Sunday Brunch before you arrive. Make the trip to the top floor for sunrise or sunset, the light on the buildings is truly stunning. Research some activities/destinations beforehand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside