The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$89
Courtyard
$69
$90
1,720 results
All reviewsfestival of lightspresidential loungehistoric hotellas campanascupcakesthe mexican restaurantnooks and cranniesholiday seasonold world charmmillion lightsevery cornerone of a kindbucket listbeautiful architecturevalet parkingwedding receptionthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My Husband and I just returned home from a day 4 days stay here and I am sad we had to come back before Christmas. There is so much to enjoy- go get yourself a hot cup of hot chocolate and make it out to the Festival of Lights this year!!

Room Tip: Great specials for the Holidays but reserve ahead of time.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mebarrera
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I booked a package to stay at the Mission Inn for the Festival of Lights as I had seen photos and thought it would be nice take my mother. Photos just don't do the hotel justice. There were 3.5 million lights adorning every part of this historic property. I booked a package to stay at the hotel and our room over looked the main courtyard of the Inn which was heavily decorated complete with lighted swans! Our package included a docent led tour of the property which lasted for an hour and a half. I highly recommend a tour of the hotel if you decide to visit. Many Presidents have visited or stayed at the hotel and there is a beautiful chapel complete with Tiffany stained glass windows just to give you a taste of what you will learn on the tour. I'm really not a fan of Christmas but I felt much more into the holiday spirit after seeing the lights, reindeer, and hot cocoa, gingerbread and warm almond stands that made this visit to the Mission Inn quite special.

Room Tip: We had room 324 which had an outdoor porch if one needs to step out and smoke or you would like a nice view of the pool area. It was quite noisy come 7am. Not sure what was overhead but was quiet till then.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Everyone should experience the Mission Inn Hotel during the holiday season. Give yourself a break during busy December and spend a night or two here to put yourself in a holiday mood. This hotel is classy in every way, in spite of its age. Rooms are quirky and charming and not cookie cutter. Our rooms were clean and well appointed with premium bedding, big glat screen, wi-fi, Kureig coffee maker, and a small patio. Yes, the hotel is very crowded and busy during the Festival of Lights season, but well worth it. As busy as the hotel was, the service was still excellent. We got a replacement light bulb installed within four minutes of calling the desk. Every single hotel staff we spoke to, from checki-in to parking attendant, was extremely pleasant and helpful. You really should do this, at least once.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My friend and I just returned from a Sunday night stay with our grandchildren. We had 2 boys and a girl ages 7 and 8. We chose the Santa's Suite package because we wanted to create a memorable experience for the kids. We got into Riverside at 9:30 am for Brunch. Of course we were told our room was not ready, although there were no guests still there from the previous night. No matter, we were not expecting our room so early. Our package included breakfast during our stay, and the Mission Inn Restaurant manager let us use the voucher for a partial credit on the buffet. The selections were good and the roast beef was exceptional. The price for the kids was a bit high at $20, and they certainty did not appreciate most of what was offered. We then headed off for Ice Skating while we waited for our room. The kids really enjoyed the time on the ice, as did we watching them! Within an hour they were skating around without the rails even though they were new to ice skating. About 2 pm, we were go en a key to room #330. The room was large and included a decorated tree, a couple wreaths and some garland hanging form the arches and doorways. Alqth

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Mission Inn is a must see for Christmas. I would recommend booking your room early. I think any room would be sufficient as you will not spend too much time in the room. We booked a package called "eat drink and be merry" for $249.00. This package included a $25.00 dollar dining certificate which we used at their mexican restaurant, Las Campanas. The fajitas were great! The price also included valet parking and a Mission Room which is one step down from a junior suite. We asked for an early check in but they weren't able to accomodate this. We were able to check into our room at about 3:00 PM. The room is beautiful with high ceilings and a fireplace. The fireplace is just for show and does not work. The bathroom is quite small. The tub is very small as well. The room has a view of the street outside which is lit up for Christmas. The view from our front door was of the beautiful outside patio. I would recommend a Mission Room but ours smelled a little like mildew. I think that's because the hotel is quite old. The room was quiet though except for people walking by with rolling luggage in the morning. I could hear that pretty loud. I recommend visiting the Mission Inn even if you don't stay there. They do let non guests walk the property and enjoy the lights. It is a sight to see and it definitely puts a person in the Christmas spirit!

Room Tip: Ask for a Mission Room. It's larger and has great views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple