“Best Beef Barley Soup! Fabulous sandwiches & Desserts. . . worth waiting in line.”
Review of Simple Simon's

Simple Simon's
Ranked #1 of 745 Restaurants in Riverside
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 2, 2014

Simple Simon's has the best meat & vegan sandwiches that will delight everyone's palate. Every thanksgiving we order the pumpkin, pecan, and strawberry rhubarb pie to share with our family and there is never any crumbs left. Their Christmas cookies are a big hit but if you are looking for a great lunch to fill you up nothing beats a cup of beef barley soup and half a sandwich. Any sandwich on the menu is great as I think I have tried every single one from the meat to the vegan and they all please my palate.

Reviewed November 29, 2014

Simple Simon's had interesting breakfast pastries and options for full cooked breakfasts. The bear claw is phenomenal - the other two pastries; a "donut"-like muffin and a cream cheese berry pastry, were decent. The coffee was good and the servers were helpful. The full cooked breakfasts looked good. The next time in downtown Riverside, I will come here again for breakfast.

1  Thank 222LoveToTravel222
Reviewed November 19, 2014 via mobile

Found this gem while at a conference at UC Riverside and it ended up being my go-to for breakfast over the weekend. If it's a good breakfast cafe you're looking for then this is the right place

Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

Sara (my wife) and I love to indulge on days when it is nice outside. We love strolling downtown and then enjoying the fresh sour dough bread, or a fresh salad and a molasses cookie. It is a little pricey but we never regret our visits.

Reviewed November 3, 2014

This is truly a great deli. The selection of meats, breads and cheeses is extensive. The atmosphere is like a New York deli. Outside is plenty of shaded seating.