“Fun Theatre -- awful food ... not worth $70.00 per person”
Review of Gourmet Detective

Gourmet Detective
More attraction details
Owner description: The Gourmet Detective is southern California's classiest murder mystery dinner show. We offer a carefully crafted evening of murder, elegance and romance. Let our combination of award-winning theater and gourmet cuisine transport you to another time and place. Whether celebrating a birthday, anniversary, date night or a party with out of town guests, we'll make your special night an Evening to Die For. We're also a great choice for your company party or reunion of up to 100 guests! We've been professionals in the food and murder business since 1990. Our talented cast of professional actors will charm and delight you with an intriguing mystery full of magic, music and murder. Our professionally scripted mysteries have won awards and rave reviews: Winner of both the Critic's Choice Award for "Best Dinner Theater" and the "Best Kept Secret" Award from Orange Coast Magazine, and "Best of the West...Best Mystery Dinner Theater" from Sunset Magazine.
Riverside, CA
“Fun Theatre -- awful food ... not worth $70.00 per person”
Reviewed December 13, 2009

The actors were great. The food was awful. The vegetables were overcooked. My friends salmon was sliced like a thin piece of cheesecake about 2 inches wide. My chicken was over cooked. The steak was three pieces of slice beef.

The wine was terrible both red and white. It tasted like bad box wine ....

it seems like events like this usually have very poor food and I just cannot figure out why when the restaurant is just downstairs ... so I figure it is average ...

AdvisorOwl
“Superb! I love the Gourmet Detective!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I've seen murder mysteries and the dinner murder mysteries on tv and always wanted to see one in person... when i found the Gourmet Detective, i knew I just had to go. My fiancee and I agreed that it would be a great time. So we took my cousin and her boyfriend along with us. It was everything I expected.

The staff: The actors were friendly and a great joy to be around. At the Gourmet Detective, the actors are the waiters as well. I loved how the characters involved the audience and made one feel welcome. They used the audience as well and involved us a lot in their play. It was fantastic!

The food: There was a choice of steak, chicken, salmon and a vegetarian meal. I chose the salmon and it was perfect. I can honestly say that the chef in charge does a great job with the presentation of the food and the preperation of it. I heard nothing but great compliments from other people there as well, saying the chicken was well cooked and they wish they had more. The steak got a lot of compliments as well. Kudos to the chef!

Overall, I think if you go to the Gourmet Detective, you will not be disappointed. I had a great time and I'm sure you will too!! I highly recommend that one go there for a great time.

Riverside
“Great night out!”
Reviewed March 29, 2008

The acting was a little over done but the food was great! I loved it. It was so much fun. The people were amazing and really nice. I totally recommend anyone who is interested and even if you are not, go see the show and have some dinner. I promise, it'll be worth your money.