“Hotel with atmosphere”

Kasteel Gravenhof
Munich, Germany
“Hotel with atmosphere”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here several times and I like the place. OK you have to know what to expect. It is a beautiful castle which means do not expect a big room or do not expect a Sauna or Spa. This is not possible. but the hotel has something i am missing in those big airport containers: atmosphere and history. Breakfeast is nice, rooms are renovated and the venue is beautiful. Personal is very friendly and the dinner in the restaurant is very nice, if you like meat you should go for the "ribbekkes", the spare ribs.

Room Tip: room at front side hast the best view, rooms at rear side are more quite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DavyVermeire, Public Relations Manager at Kasteel Gravenhof, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and especially your last thought ... I personally love 'the ribbekes' too!
See you soon at the Castle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently stayed for a second time in this charming hotel outside Brussels. It's quite small, very pretty and sits in delightful gardens with a large pond. There is perhaps one of the world's smallest lifts up to the second floor where my attic room was found.
The room was... very small... but so well designed and laid out that everything you would want from a luxury room was there. All the fittings were brand new and just so.
On this occasion I had to leave early and so could not take breakfast.. but simply paid the bill which like everything else was... surprisingly small.
A very pleasant alternative to staying in the centre of Brussels.
The only thing I would have really appreciated being larger was the complimentary bottle of water...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We wanted to say thanks for your visit and delightful feedback!
We're happy the hear you loved the lay out of our attic rooms ; because our castle is a protected landmark: the size is, indeed, rather small. They are designed in the best possible way to respect the ancient elements of the castle.
It will be a pleasure to have back at our castle... we look forward to it!
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

What a lovely hotel. Lots of character nice comfortable and clean rooms with friendly service and a delicious breakfast with plenty of choice. I was staying here on business but would hope to return as a tourist.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DavyVermeire, Public Relations Manager at Kasteel Gravenhof, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear guest, we appreciate the time you have taken to write this great review! Thank you again and hopefully we shall be able to welcome your return.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Although I didn't stay at the hotel (which looked very appealing from the outside), I recently ate at the restaurant. I went for the steak with warm vegetables and mushroom sauce, my friend took the fois gras. My steak was very dry, sauce had a bad taste and the vegetables overcooked. The fois gras was equally unpleasant and the accompanying toast far too thick.
Would not eat there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian W
DavyVermeire, Public Relations Manager at Kasteel Gravenhof, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you in our restaurant. However, it is disappointing to hear we did not meet your expectations. I will share your feedback with the chef and restaurant staff ; your comments will inspire them to continue to work hard at delighting our guests. If you would like to discuss the details, please contact me directly at info@gravenhof.be
St. Albans
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Kasteel Gravenhof and we had an absolutely amazing time there. We took the Eurostar from London, hopped in a taxi to Dworp (approx 45 Euros) and arrived at our oasis in the Belgian countryside. We were greeted by a very nice gentleman at reception and found our way to our room. Our room was very spacious, clean, modern, complete with bathrobes and a complimentary mini-bar! We enjoyed our arrival amenities and found our way to the 'Cellar' where the bar/restaurant was located. Since we had already eaten, we tucked into a few Belgian beers and enjoyed the ambience and the cosy surroundings.
The next day we ate our breakfast in the restaurant and then relaxed before heading to Halle which is about 6 Km away. Halle is a quaint village (non-touristy) with a lot of shops, however I would recommend sorting out a taxi before setting out (or simply driving).
We had one of the most lovely meals that evening at the Gravenhof. I highly recommend booking a table and ordering the ribs. They are simply devine and very filling. Again the restaurant was packed full of people which added to the overall ambience/experience.
The Kasteel Gravenhof is a wonderful escape from the rat race we run in London. We will definitely visit again and will probably drive the next time (or hire a car). Also to say the staff really knows how to make their guest's feel at home, would be an understatement. The woman that worked at reception and at breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was one of the most genuine individuals we have come across in any hotel we've stayed.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DavyVermeire, Public Relations Manager at Kasteel Gravenhof, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. There is nothing more fantastic for us than when guests share the joy of their stay at our hotel, restaurant, bar and surroundings! We are looking forward to see you again at the castle.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My friend booked me into this hotel, and I was grateful for this choice. I like castel hotels, but very often rooms are sort of old-fashion and tired - NOT IN THIS CASE. Rooms are modern and spacious, yet furnished with style. Beautiful park around allows to enjoy nature. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed the night after a corporate event. I had booked a double for single occupancy so may not have received the largest room available. In fact it was rather small, but it was well laid out and very attractive overall. Good beds, separate toilet with mosaic tiling and a good range of bathroom amenities. The decor is modern with soothing hues of beige and brown - exactly as depicted on the website. There's aircon, an lcd TV and a safe. No bath but didn't miss it. The castle itself is rather grand and well maintained, and staff was pleasant. Very glad I saved myself the trouble of driving home after the event as this was money well spent. Thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Public Relations Manager at Kasteel Gravenhof, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
We are very pleased that you took the time to comment Gravenhof on Tripadvisor! Hope you did get comfy and enjoyed your room, nevertheless some rooms are indeed a little smaller, because of the architecture of the ancient castle. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beersel
Best Western Hotel Brussels South
#1 of 1 in Halle
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 16 in Ixelles

Been to Kasteel Gravenhof? Share your experiences!