“Friendly Hotel Full of Character”
Review of Kasteel Gravenhof

Kasteel Gravenhof
Reviewed May 22, 2013

What a lovely hotel. Lots of character nice comfortable and clean rooms with friendly service and a delicious breakfast with plenty of choice. I was staying here on business but would hope to return as a tourist.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
DavyVermeire, Public Relations Manager at Kasteel Gravenhof, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear guest, we appreciate the time you have taken to write this great review! Thank you again and hopefully we shall be able to welcome your return.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Although I didn't stay at the hotel (which looked very appealing from the outside), I recently ate at the restaurant. I went for the steak with warm vegetables and mushroom sauce, my friend took the fois gras. My steak was very dry, sauce had a bad taste and the vegetables overcooked. The fois gras was equally unpleasant and the accompanying toast far too thick.
Would not eat there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brian W
DavyVermeire, Public Relations Manager at Kasteel Gravenhof, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you in our restaurant. However, it is disappointing to hear we did not meet your expectations. I will share your feedback with the chef and restaurant staff ; your comments will inspire them to continue to work hard at delighting our guests. If you would like to discuss the details, please contact me directly at info@gravenhof.be

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Kasteel Gravenhof and we had an absolutely amazing time there. We took the Eurostar from London, hopped in a taxi to Dworp (approx 45 Euros) and arrived at our oasis in the Belgian countryside. We were greeted by a very nice gentleman at reception and found our way to our room. Our room was very spacious, clean, modern, complete with bathrobes and a complimentary mini-bar! We enjoyed our arrival amenities and found our way to the 'Cellar' where the bar/restaurant was located. Since we had already eaten, we tucked into a few Belgian beers and enjoyed the ambience and the cosy surroundings.
The next day we ate our breakfast in the restaurant and then relaxed before heading to Halle which is about 6 Km away. Halle is a quaint village (non-touristy) with a lot of shops, however I would recommend sorting out a taxi before setting out (or simply driving).
We had one of the most lovely meals that evening at the Gravenhof. I highly recommend booking a table and ordering the ribs. They are simply devine and very filling. Again the restaurant was packed full of people which added to the overall ambience/experience.
The Kasteel Gravenhof is a wonderful escape from the rat race we run in London. We will definitely visit again and will probably drive the next time (or hire a car). Also to say the staff really knows how to make their guest's feel at home, would be an understatement. The woman that worked at reception and at breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was one of the most genuine individuals we have come across in any hotel we've stayed.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DavyVermeire, Public Relations Manager at Kasteel Gravenhof, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. There is nothing more fantastic for us than when guests share the joy of their stay at our hotel, restaurant, bar and surroundings! We are looking forward to see you again at the castle.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My friend booked me into this hotel, and I was grateful for this choice. I like castel hotels, but very often rooms are sort of old-fashion and tired - NOT IN THIS CASE. Rooms are modern and spacious, yet furnished with style. Beautiful park around allows to enjoy nature. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed the night after a corporate event. I had booked a double for single occupancy so may not have received the largest room available. In fact it was rather small, but it was well laid out and very attractive overall. Good beds, separate toilet with mosaic tiling and a good range of bathroom amenities. The decor is modern with soothing hues of beige and brown - exactly as depicted on the website. There's aircon, an lcd TV and a safe. No bath but didn't miss it. The castle itself is rather grand and well maintained, and staff was pleasant. Very glad I saved myself the trouble of driving home after the event as this was money well spent. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

We are very pleased that you took the time to comment Gravenhof on Tripadvisor! Hope you did get comfy and enjoyed your room, nevertheless some rooms are indeed a little smaller, because of the architecture of the ancient castle. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

we had a private functio in one of the beautiful functio rooms. Everything was just beautiful, from the room decorations, the delicious food and wine and the service from all the staff was simply wonderful.

we enjoyed our weddig lunch with family and friends, it was all the extra little touches by staff which will enhance an already five star experience.

This castle is wonderfully renovated I was able to have my fairytale wedding!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

We love creating a unique experience for all our guests and it’s great to know you and your guests enjoyed that 'fairytale' atmosphere during your wedding. We very much look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

this a a castle, real castle, restored as a luxury hotel - the combination between past and present with modern rooms and wonderful historical location is really amazing- the park around the castle is really beautiful - try the restaurant in the body of he castle -1 floor: really very comfortable and excellent food!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. It’s great to know that you had an amazing time and you appreciate the renovations. I will report your lovely comments on the restaurant to our chef and his crew.

Been to Kasteel Gravenhof? Share your experiences!