“Fun place and decent food”
Review of Foster's Bighorn

Foster's Bighorn
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Rio Vista
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Maryland
“Fun place and decent food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Foster's was recommended by some locals while passing through Rio Vista area. It was a fun place, unique and lots of surprises. The food was decent. It would have been nice if their policy of not taking credit cards was put more upfront or when the waitress is taking an order. Not a good thing to find out at the point of payment. I would go there again.

• Visited August 2013

Galt
“Bighorn, big flavor and big animals!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been coming here over 60 years, first with my parents, now I bring my grandchildren. Old time saloon type, rustic and always loud and fun. Be prepared (the first time) to be in awe! There is really too much to see and read and learn the first trip. Old timers will smile when they see your early facial expressions. They should charge to get in.
The food has always been good here, from the 1950's til now. Large back room for families and privacy. Please go here and be impressed.

Visited June 2013
SF Bay Area
“This is a must see in Rio Vista”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a must see in Rio Vista. There is an exceptional collection of big and small game mounted on the walls. Lots of history.

The food is not bad as well.

They do not take credit cards, but there is a bank ATM just 75ft from the restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Walnut Creek, California
“Big Game & American style food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We took a friend to Foster's Bighorn (our first time there) and were amazed by the big game exhibit there. Animal heads (mostly exotic) and stuffed animals such as big cats crowd the walls in all the rooms. There's a history of the restaurant on the front of the menu. The place has a very early/mid 20th century feel. The food was very good. My husband had a burger and my friend & I each had the chicken sandwich. Generous portions. The French fries were OK, but the onion rings were great! We talked to the food manager & he has plans to expand the food selection, which could be a great idea since it's a fairly limited menu.
For animal lovers, it may be a difficult environment. We admired the taxidermy skill that had been used in preserving all the different species, but it's definitely not for everyone. After seeing a documentary on elephants the night before, it was dismaying to see a huge elephant head as well as 2 sets of tusks on display. Still, the restaurant captures a period in history quite well and is definitely a unique experience.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank amastelle
Rio Vista, California, United States
“Cash only”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We went in and sat down and waited 15 min and finally started ordering when I told the waitress I forgot my debit card in the car and I will be back. She then told me they dont take debit cards!!! Seriously? I have debit card reader. Get with the program fosters. They suggested I walk to the nearest ATM!!! Im not paying an extra 2.50 to eat at your restarant...

• Visited January 2013