“great food at a good price”
Review of Lucy's Cafe

Lucy's Cafe
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Rio Vista
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our group of 5 had dinner last Friday evening at Lucy's. 4 of us ordered the prime rib dinner and none of us were dissappointed. Lucy's specializes in Italian cuisine so I asked if I could substitue a pasta for the potato. The waitress sang my favorite song with yes yes yes; anything you want. All the generously sized prime ribs were cooked to perfection and had a wonderful rub that wound around each piece. The meals are served and priced complete with salad, vegetable, starch and your meat selection. Our complete prime rib dinner was $20.00. A real bargain for the good food and the great service.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

A cute local restaurant with Italian flair near the river front in downtown Rio Vista.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Had dinner there one night while visiting relatives. The food was not very good, and the place could really use a good cleaning. The waitress had a bad attitude and wasn't friendly at all. I think it was a waste of money!

Reviewed December 23, 2011

went in and order the steak and split the meal with my wife. It turns out they charge 4 bucks to split the meal and on top of that they charged a 20% gratuity. It wouldve been nice to know that before I sat down. They steak I ordered didnt have much of a taste and the rest of my party said their hamburgers were burnt even after they asked the waitress to make sure their not burnt. On top of the over price meal the service was horrible!! If you want better food go to fosters.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

Rolled into this tiny Delta town at 845 on a Sat night. I waa really worried about finding a restaurant open. Lucys is a restaurant/bar so I went into the bar side to see if I could order from the dinner menu. The answer from the bartender was a big smile and "of course!"
I could tell from the activity on the other side the kitchen
was wanting to close so I ordered a calamari appetizer and a steak salad.
Totally hit the spot! So nice to NOT have chain resraurant food. The calamari was light and crisp nit overly chewy and the steak in the salad was freshly cooked and juicy. My only critique is Id rather have aioli than cocktail or tartar w the calamari.
The local color in the bar area was mellow and blue collar very friendly and laid back and not at all seedy. The bartender was very friendly and attentive. I now have a dinner stop in Rio Vista where I would usually just wait til I get to Fairfield.