“A Quiet Comfortable Rest”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rio Dell
Humboldt Gables Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rio Dell
Mount Shasta,CA
“A Quiet Comfortable Rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

When I work in Eureka,CA. I drive the 28 miles just to stay in this hotel. It is Quiet and a great place to get a good nights sleep. When I arrived last time(5-1-10) I was surprised to see that the Mattress were replaced with Kings and the Linens were replaced with High quality thread count. It was like sleeping at home. As always the D.S.L is Fast great for streaming your Netflix movies at night and I always have a microwave and Refrigerator in any room I stay in. I would like to thank the owners of the Humbolt Gables Motel for making my trips away from home more bearable. I highly Recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank Bruce530

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sacramento Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2009

Had family visit from back east and they wanted to see the "redwoods".
So up we go about 5 hours from Sacramento. We stayed 2 nights in 2 rooms at the Humbolt Gables. I have been here in the past and am pleased again with the hotel and the LOCATION. It is a SOLID,CLEAN,SAFE place and it is kept clean and maintained. I llove the small town feel of this place and hotel. It really is hard to find these little gems from the past.
The owner as always looked to affer advise and tips on the area, and seems to be on the lookout to make you feel welcomed.
Wish that we had more time to stay up there and visit more of the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
9 Thank justme458
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2008

This is a family owned motel, with the owners living on the premises. They care about the property, and about making sure that their guests have all the information they want to make their visit to the area pleasurable. Just ask questions, and you'll get the answers.

This is a basic motel, but my room had a microwave and refrigerator.

It's a pleasant change from the chain properties.

• Liked — Helpfulness of owner
  • Disliked — No significant negatives
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
5 Thank Art161
Albany, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2008

This was the second time we stayed at the Humboldt Gables; both times we just stopped in on the way to/from CA/OR...too tired to drive another mile. The facility is small and family owned. The young man is wonderfully kind, helpful and accommodating. But be warned if you ask for information on the area he will give you all you need. :)

This is not a fancy place, no room service, no satin sheet, no spa/pool...but clean and kind and happy to have you, and reasonably priced.

• Liked — friendly, accomodating, knowlegable
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
8 Thank katgardenia
Livermore, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2006

Some friends and I had initially made reservations at Redcrest Resort, but we were turned away because we had two extra people. We searched for another place to stay and came across Humboldt Gables Motel. The manager was very friendly, saw that we had extra people, and brought us extra towels. He even let us use his grill untensils that night. If you're budget-minded and are looking for a clean, quiet, and friendly place to stay in Humbolt Park, Humboldt Gables Motel is perfect for you!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank MSUdom6
Rocklin ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2006

In January 2006, on an unplanned trip through the Redwoods my husband and I drove into Scotia/Rio Dell about 8:00 pm, desperate for sleep. We saw the Gables; it looked sort of O.K., but not great.
Looks are deceiving!!!
The manager let me have a key to check out the room.
Not top in decor, but immaculately clean. No smoke or mildew odor. Hershey's kisses atop the pillows convinced us to stay.
This isn't a fancy motel....but...
I rate this motel above average because for about $58 we had a quiet, comfortable room. Two double beds, small refrigerator and coffee pot.
When we checked out the manager gave us lots of tips, maps, directions.
This motel was a pleasant surprise.

14 Thank Vonda
The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel
No photo provided
Humboldt Redwood Inn
#5 of 7 in Fortuna

Been to Humboldt Gables Motel? Share your experiences!