“A professionally run 1940's style motel...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rio Dell
Humboldt Gables Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rio Dell
Sacramento, California
“A professionally run 1940's style motel...”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I was impressed with the owner's no nonsense approach from my first call. Knowing that I was staying at a property that didn't tolerate loud or idiotic behavior was a relief to say the least.

Typically when I tour on my motorcycle I stay at motels that are not the places I'd stay while on business or with my wife. Frankly many of my rides leave me little choice. In that regard I've had my share of horror stories and sleep deprived nights.

It is with pleasure that I endorse the Humboldt Gables Motel; safe, clean, a very comfortable bed and the added bonus of a caring, friendly owner on site.

As with most vintage properties the walls are paper thin, therefore what goes on next door is hard to miss.

If you are looking for a place to party or act stupidly you should look elsewhere...This place is peaceful and cozy by design.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank EFW333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
edmond
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Not too bad a little hotel. Walls were pretty thin, we could hear people in the next room but when it was time to sleep everyone was quiet. I would recommend talking to the lady running the miniture golf and convenience store. She was more freindly and had more information than the visitor center. The room was kinda small, but we were just there to sleep, as I think a lot that were there in early august. The hotel is near the avenue of giants north entrance.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank djengr
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stopped at the Humboldt Gables Motel on the way to the Humboldt County Fair. It was late and we didn't have a reservation for the Tuesday night and the Humboldt Gables looked OK. We were very pleasantly surprised. The motel is old but has been fixed up. Our room had a new mattress that was the best we ever slept on - on the road. The room was clean and had cable, a frige, a microwave and a nice bathroom. We would stay here again on our next trip and plan to spend more than one night in Rio Dell. It is close to anything you would want to see.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank tootierasmussen
Mount Shasta,CA
Reviewed May 30, 2010

When I work in Eureka,CA. I drive the 28 miles just to stay in this hotel. It is Quiet and a great place to get a good nights sleep. When I arrived last time(5-1-10) I was surprised to see that the Mattress were replaced with Kings and the Linens were replaced with High quality thread count. It was like sleeping at home. As always the D.S.L is Fast great for streaming your Netflix movies at night and I always have a microwave and Refrigerator in any room I stay in. I would like to thank the owners of the Humbolt Gables Motel for making my trips away from home more bearable. I highly Recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank Bruce530
Sacramento Ca
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Had family visit from back east and they wanted to see the "redwoods".
So up we go about 5 hours from Sacramento. We stayed 2 nights in 2 rooms at the Humbolt Gables. I have been here in the past and am pleased again with the hotel and the LOCATION. It is a SOLID,CLEAN,SAFE place and it is kept clean and maintained. I llove the small town feel of this place and hotel. It really is hard to find these little gems from the past.
The owner as always looked to affer advise and tips on the area, and seems to be on the lookout to make you feel welcomed.
Wish that we had more time to stay up there and visit more of the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
9 Thank justme458
San Francisco
Reviewed May 22, 2008

This is a family owned motel, with the owners living on the premises. They care about the property, and about making sure that their guests have all the information they want to make their visit to the area pleasurable. Just ask questions, and you'll get the answers.

This is a basic motel, but my room had a microwave and refrigerator.

It's a pleasant change from the chain properties.

• Liked — Helpfulness of owner
  • Disliked — No significant negatives
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank Art161
Albany, OR
Reviewed January 7, 2008

This was the second time we stayed at the Humboldt Gables; both times we just stopped in on the way to/from CA/OR...too tired to drive another mile. The facility is small and family owned. The young man is wonderfully kind, helpful and accommodating. But be warned if you ask for information on the area he will give you all you need. :)

This is not a fancy place, no room service, no satin sheet, no spa/pool...but clean and kind and happy to have you, and reasonably priced.

• Liked — friendly, accomodating, knowlegable
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn
Bear River Casino Resort
The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel

Been to Humboldt Gables Motel? Share your experiences!