“It was okay”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Ridgecrest
San Diego, CA
“It was okay”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The first room we were given was smokey (for a smoke-free room). So, I asked for another and the second one was actually smoke-free. This was handled without any problems and efficiently. Internet was not really worth the extra $3, as it was slow and intermittent. There are a lot of fast food and restaurant options in the area. Room was a good size, bathroom was small and only had soap (no shampoo, as usual at Motel 6). Towels were okay. Room was quiet and TV worked well. Room was clean. Bed and pillows were comfortable.

Very inexpensive and a good stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank SunnyDTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We were really nicely surprised by both the motel and the town.The motel is located on the outer side of the town, all the shopping centers and fast foods are almost next door, which is perfect if you're driving the whole day, arrive late in the evening and don't feel fit to go to some restaurant. I guess most of the people stay in Ridgecrest as stopover between Sequoia/Los Angeles and Death Valley and that's exactly what you should expect. Great place to have a sleep and go on the next day. If you're looking for more services and longer stay you would probably choose some place else, but if not, this is the perfect place. Nice and quiet location (except for two military HELOs flying over in the evening). Staff at the front desk was smiling, check in without any troubles, room ready and clean with just some minor stains on the carpet, not a big deal, we arrived at 8pm and left at 8am so didn't have time to look for some defects, but for 35 bucks this place is a great deal.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler187
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This motel although cheap Ive seen better the blankets we so old and dirty they could stand up on their own and had ciggy burns. Our room was non smoking however it smelt like a pub Even though we were just passing through it could have been bettter I dont ask me what the stain on the side of the bed was !!!!!!!!!!!!! ANd no fridge no hairdryer not even a clock radio

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank longislandfreddie

Travelers are raving about these Ridgecrest hotels

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Clean, not too small rooms, shower not suitable for tall people, comfortable bed( or we were too tired?) Micro in lobby, ice machine.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank tapakin
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Great little Motel 6 for a stop off point, we stayed here on our way from San Francisco to Las Vegas. Clean rooms and nice staff make this little tired motel a bargain. Ask for a room on top floor to avoid foot traffic noise. Easy to find motel with good carpark. We ordered a dominoes pizza to the room as so tired from driving which was particularly tasty.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NGM1976
Central Coast California
Reviewed June 2, 2010

This is a Motel 6. Best price in town for a chain hotel. I DO NOT recommend any independent hotels in this town. The front desk people were professional and accomodating. When I had a concern I was nice about it and they replied in kind.

I stayed here two weekends in a row. Both times I requested a room on the side of the motel because it was quieter. The first time I got a "single" (one bed) in an upstairs room. I did not like that matress. But the second weekend I got a room downstairs with two beds and those beds were nicer.

The AC did not work properly in the upstairs room but when I was in the downstairs room it was fine. There was a bit of mold on the shower curtain up high and the lighting was a bit dim on both times I stayed. In the single room, I did have to go down to the office to get different sheets as there was a tiny piece of candy (like a pop-rock) on the sheet. The maid must have had a sweet tooth.

So, it wasn't the cleanest place in town but I do know that good hotel maids can be hard to find in Ridgecrest (my sis was one when she lived in that town). I have also stayed at the Best Western in Ridgecrest and that place was definitely not worth double the price of this one, which is about what they charge. No continental breakfast at Motel 6 but you can get breakfast in town at Denny's, Mc Donalds, or even KMART.

Oh and this place does have coffee in the lobby in the AM. I got there too late to fill my mug but the office person had not dumped it yet so she went and got it for me. The pool looked pretty good here but I did not swim.

I DO NOT recommend you get a room off the parking lot as there did seem to be a bit of activity at night. But the side of the hotel it was very quiet for me.

So, basically I would stay here again. It wasn't great, but not bad either. This place if definitely worth the price but don't expect perfection.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank akidcagal
boulder co
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Because we complained of no hot water, smoke drenched room, and urine smell the general manager got angry and lost it completely. She called my wife a [--] [--] and threatened to call the police while screamimg "get out!' Believe me, motel 6 was called..

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple