“Simply the best...”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

In our small town, this is THE best restaurant in town. My first experience was during a corporate holiday meal. Mon Reve is French for "My Dream". The chef (yes, he's French) is a very warm and inviting gentleman who takes pride in his work and you can taste it. I recommend you plan far in advance as the reservations accumulate quickly. The environment is akin to a Tuscan villa with the paint and art, but very relaxing and romantic. I ordered the filet mignon with the ratatouille with an actual German beer (score!). The dish was cooked to perfection. Tons of flavor and the perfect portion size. Once I cleaned my plate, dessert was offered and while many of my colleagues opted for an espresso, I couldn't resist the temptation of the chef's Apple Tart with ice cream. One word...outstanding! He's a master of his craft and brings his love of food to the high desert of California. I would highly recommend Mon Reve to anyone. Bon Appetit!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I really liked this quaint restaurant, when I visited a couple of years ago. Upon my arrival, the nice host noticed that I spoke french. After my friend and I were seated, we were surprised to see the owner (?) coming over to talk to me in french. It was a nice gesture of him. The evening was busy and the overall service was okay. I did appreciate the food. It was reasonably priced as well. Good food coming out of the desert was appreciated. I would go again if I had the opportunity.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

One of the few places that actually really tries to put out a good product. Not as good as a place which is now closed, but far superior service. Best restaurant in town. Maddy's Cottage, Junior's Tacos, and Bernadinos are the only other places I will go eat in town.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Who knew there was such a charming and sophisticated restaurant out in the desert! The food was outstanding, the service was attentive without being smothering and an altogether good experience.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Wonderul experience with top of the line service! Can't say enough about the romantic atmosphere and very friendly owner. He made sure we were well taken care of and the food was remarkable. The best french style food I have ever tasted. Can't wait to go back again:)