“A taste of Mexico in the Mojave Desert”
Review of Olvera's

Olvera's
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Ridgecrest
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Mojave, California
“A taste of Mexico in the Mojave Desert”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've driven by this small restaurant, Olvera's, in Ridgecrest but never stopped to try. Today, after an exploration to an old mining town in the El Paso Mountains, I was so hungry, it was first on my list. (Being close proximity helps). I ordered a chili relleno and chicken enchilada with the traditional rice and beans. Nothing fancy but very tasteful and in a small town, well-prepared traditional food is not easy to come by.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank avidhiker2

Ridgecrest, California
“Delicious surprise”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

It's tiny, but oh so good. Very tasty, large menu, and super service. Outdoor tables for warm days and evenings. Don't be put off y the little house with good food!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Janet W
Ridgecrest, California
“Honestly the BEST Eats in Ridgecrest at the best prices.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Normally I would rate this place 4 stars, because in other places (like Mexico) I have had better. However, Ridgecrest is special! I give it Five stars because no where in this town comes close (well except Mon Reve). This is well prepared TRADITIONAL Mexican fare. I have been there so far three times. Each time the food was excellent. Momma says to go on Saturday and try the Pozole, truly a special treat. I really enjoy Taquitos! Not really traditional Mexican, but still one of my favorites. Here they are home made and very tasty. The guacamole is really good too. My favorite is their Chicken Burrito, hold the beans. Our teen always orders the Chicken tacos which she really enjoys. Oh and the service is what you would expect, attentive and friendly. Thank you Olivera's!

• Visited January 2014
Texas & Washington
“Muy Agradable”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Well-prepared Mexican food in a pleasant environment, reasonably priced; what more could you want? We've lived in Arizona, California and Texas, and we love Mexican food. We've often been disappointed while traveling, but finding Olvera's was a real treat. Warm, friendly service and satisfying food.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank GH-Dallas
“Good food with great service”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Hard working Mexican cafe. A lot that passes itself off as Mexican has been so gringoized, homogenized that it has lost its soul. Not here. Owner has pulled himself up by his bootstraps and worked magic with an old run down building. The lunch buffet is a bargain. The chile rellenos are the bomb! Us poor, tasteless Rigecresters will keep on loving our friends who always make us glad we visited Olvera's.

• Visited July 2013