“Something fishy here”

Dining options: Reservations
Chardon
“Something fishy here”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I ate at Red Bowl Asian Bistro on March 4, 2013. It stated off well with my wife ordering a stir fry and I ordered one of their specialties (crispy snapper). Her stir fry was good but my red snapper was just too fishy to eat. I tried it a few times but could not continue as the fishy taste was overwhelming even the sauce. I stopped the waitress and explained to her that I could not eat the snapper due to the fishy smell and taste and I ordered some appetizer shrimp instead. My wife commented that it must be really bad as I have a high tolerance for fish which is my favorite food. She took away my unfihished entree and returned with the shrimp which was much better. The shrimp at least salvaged the bad meal. However when I got the bill I was not only charged for the bad fish but also for the shrimp. I really take offense at paying for inedible food which is why the one star rating.

• Visited March 2013

“Not going back”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We have visited Red Bowl around 7 times and evrything has been to par. We recently had a bad experience and not sure we are going back. We were seated and the hostess took our drink order. We received our drinks and waited to order, we watched 3 couples walk in, get drinks, order and recieve sushi. I have been accused of being impatient so i ask my wife and daughter if im being ridiculous about the time that has gone by and they said no its been 20 minutes. We wait another 5 minutes to see if somebody will at least say sorry for the wait, we will be with you soon. No chance of that. I told my wife and daughter were leaving. I walk to the hostess and tell her we are leaving because of the wait and asked if i needed to pay for the drinks. She looked at me like she couldnt understand a thing i said. I repeated myself and said do you want me to pay for my drinks because we never had our order taken and were leaving. Another person I think a manager or owner came over and i said it a third time. Not once did they try to fix this problem and i finally said youre waisting more of my time and put down a few dollars to pay for the drinks and walked out. We went to our favorite place tokyo house down the street and the watress came by and remembered our drink order from the prior monthand brought them right to us and our meal was fantastic. If you dont mind not knowing if youre going to have your order taken then try Red Bowl, the food has been decent if you ever get it.

Tijeras
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

You must like sushi and oriental cooking to enjoy the food here. I loved the tempura shrimp and edamame appetizers, the caterpiller roll was really good too. Most of what my hubby ordered was beef-based and he didn't really like it.

The drinks were fabulous. The staff was great (Kevin and Tracy, you rock). The company was the best.

Visited December 2012
Ridgecrest, California
“One of the Best in Ridgecrest”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family and I eat here at least twice a month. The food is always good. The binto box is probably their best deal. The binto shrimp is very tasty. I usually have the ono (sp) sushi and it is pretty good. My only complaint is the Krab they use for the rolls. I am hoping they will change it. But my family loves the Bourbon Chicken and the shrimp dishes so that's where we go.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank thezone999
Diamond Bar, California
“Asian Food”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

3 minute walk from hotel, good selection of Asian food including sushi, Chinese and Thai, prices are very reasonable, friendly staff

Visited September 2012