“Not as good as some!”

Best Western China Lake Inn
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Ridgecrest
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Have stayed in many BW hotel/motels and this was just ok. It was clean. Check in lady was nice, helpful and smiley. ( though her restaurant recommendation was rubbish)
We were in room 130 which was amazingly quiet considering it was by stairs and close to road
Air con works well, if a bit noisy so what's the problem? The thing that let them down was they don't seem very bothered about tidying room and replenishing coffee. Dirty cups still there, no coffee etc. annoying but not the worst it could be I guess.
Breakfast looked bad - coffee was terrible!! Never understand that - so much bad coffee when you travel around America!
There's a pool, fitness room and jacuzzi. Can't comment as didn't try them

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I overnighted at this cute little hotel on our way up to Reno, NV. Although you never know what you might come across in some of the smaller towns, I was pleasantly surprised with this Best Western.

The lady at the front desk was delightful! She was friendly, efficient and had everything ready to go for us upon our late arrival. She also read my reservation notes (something not all hotels do) requesting a room on the top floor, and had booked us accordingly. At $89.00 per night, it was a really good value.

Our room was quite spacious, clean and well-appointed with a king sized bed, easy chair, desk, large dresser drawer, jet tub-shower combo and coffee maker. While the hotel seemed to be pretty full, we didn’t hear any noise at all throughout the night.

The free breakfast provided had a lot of different items including scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, hot waffles, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal, juices and coffee. I REALLY like that they begin service at 5:00 am instead of 6:00 or 7:00 for those who need to get back on the road for travel. We went in at 6:00 and there weren’t many people up yet. The breakfast room was very cute with a good sized seating area and flat screened TV with the morning news running. I found it quite comfortable.

I didn’t use the pool area but it was cute and clean. The hotel also has laundry facilities on site.

I would definitely recommend this property to both passers through and people visiting Ridgecrest. I’ll definitely keep it on my list when traveling late at night up 395!!

Room Tip: I always look for top floor rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank IBeCookin
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The front desk worker was extremely friendly and helpful. Check-in was a breeze.

Our room was a little tight, but perfectly fine for my husband and me. Other than a slight mildew smell from the shower, it was clean and well-kept. There was a mini-fridge in the room.

The A/C was nice and cold, and we didn't notice any outside noise with it running.

The pool area looking very inviting, though we didn't have time to use it.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

2  Thank Nori S
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Receptionist (Tina) was brilliant, booked us in no trouble at all . Room was massive with two giant beds and all facilities. Pool was most welcome (100 degree heat). Breakfast was fresh and tasty. No complaints at all and would definitely return.

Room Tip: The rooms above reception are the biggest.
2  Thank rammysid
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I think $90 for one night is ridiculous but i know if we'd have paid any less i would have been grossed out. The room was nice, a big jacuzzi, a big clean bed, updated amenities, a nice pool with sun and shade and a hot tub it was too hot outside to use. The transaction was painless and i enjoyed the break from driving. The breakfast in the morning was a nice treat. They had cereal, bagels, waffles, biscuits, and gravy, baked goods, and juice. The only thing that bothered me is how easily the door to our room was opened by our toddler. She could unlock the door and squeeze out of the space between the latch on the door and the frame. I moved the nightstand in front of the door when we went to bed, because she usually gets up before me and I was afraid she might wander out. Other than that, i was pleased and would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Camille B
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Staff was friendly and we got the last room. The owner has a suite above the lobby, and is huge, with great a/c which is needed in the summer. Would stay again, breakfast was very nice but ended at 0930 AM. This is not a bad thing BUT a lot of navy people live there because they have no rooms at the navy air base. Your tax dollars at work!

Room Tip: Ask for the owners suite!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Boots K
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I arrived here around midnight. There was still plenty of parking. The check in went smoothly, and the guy behind the counter was friendly and courteous. We had booked the 2-bed suite, room 201. It was a huge room. The room was clean, and the beds comfortable. The air conditioner worked well. You need it during the summer months! The downside is that this room is next to China Lake Boulevard, so at approximately 5:30 a.m., the traffic noise begins. We ate the free continental breakfast in the morning. It was an average breakfast. Though we did not use the gym at this location, it is open 24 hours. The check out also went smoothly. Enjoyed reading the USA Today newspaper that is provided to the guests. Overall, I would rate this hotel an 8 out of 10.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that is far away from China Lake Boulevard.
1  Thank MrLorin