SpringHill Suites Ridgecrest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Ridgecrest)
View Hotel
All reviewsyogurtdeath valleyfree weightssausage pattiesin townfree breakfastexcellent hotelchina lakesmall exercise roomkitchen areaplace to staynice showerplenty of free parkingcomfortable roomsnicest hotelbooked this hotelsit down
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Yes, I believe this is the best option in Ridgecrest. This is a very new Hotel that just opened in 2009 (or it could have been late 2008 I don't remember). The rooms are very clean and bright. Rooms are on the small side for a "Suites Only Hotel" but they have everything the business traveller needs and are still big compared to many regular hotel rooms. I was very comfortable staying here on business. The large shower in my suite was a very nice bonus.

Of course keep in mind the "Spring Hill Suites" Marriott offering is at the lower end of the Marriott scale so it is not a full service hotel by any means. (You won't find bellhops & concierge service here but the basics are covered) The breakfast is very simple but for free I don't mind that at all. There are many nearby options for meals so the lack of a full service restaurant doesn't bother me.

Overall this place is much better than the several other Ridgecrest hotels where I've stayed in the past. I especially enjoyed the nice clean & bright fully equipped room with excellent high speed internet connectivity (both WiFi and Wired connections) so that I could be productive from the hotel room. Having a dedicated desk and very comfortable office style desk chair to work from is a key feature for me. The front desk person was very friendly when I checked in and I had absolutely no problems during the stay. Very comfortable beds and good quality linens made the stay a pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TLinATL
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Everything was great. Staff was nice and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable - I wish I had this shower at home! Breakfast was great. This was my first visit at Ridgecrest and other people I met who had stayed in other hotels were not as happy. If back in Ridgecrest, I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Spent 7 nights over Sept/Oct 2009 on business.

Hotel itself relatively new/fresh building.
Very rude Front Desk Manager.
No-frills Breakfast. No water available at breakfast.
Very small room. Cupboard door hits bed etc.
World's smallest outside swimming pool. Tiny gym.
Emails of complaint to the Hotel Manager regarding booking errors received no response. Typical Marriott in my opinion: ignore the problem and it will go away.
In my case it will go away along with my future dollars.

I will be taking my future patronage to the new Hotel currently under construction opposite this waste of space.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank TravellerforBusiness
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Hotel fine though issues with keys on arrival and paucity of staff on hand to assist - especially as time running out for getting anything to eat in town which closes down fairly early. Does breakfast really have to be served in (cheap) plastic bowls with matching cutlery? Maybe it's a water thing??! Anyway wouldn't let it put you off at least until the hilton across the way opens! Oh and get those Italian kids off the internet stations - they were planted there from the moment they arrived until the left the following (late) morning. Did not make a whole lot of difference to me but saw one businessman in obvious distress as he couldn't get near them!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed-Scotia
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Hands down, the best choice in Ridgecrest! Fantastic oasis in this desert town. The rooms are clean and in good repair. The 42 inch TV is great. The tiled shower is spacious. I have allergies and didn't have "allergy eyes" as I did from another hotel in town. Breakfast is okay, hot scrambled eggs & sausage, waffles, cereals, fruit, pastries, etc... A little boring after 20 days but still can't beat the price (free). They could improve by changing the meat selection, bacon would be a nice change. The breakfast attendant said they were going to offer canadian bacon in a few months. The pool was small but a relief from the heat in the evening and fun for kids. They have a small gym with two treadmills, a stairmaster, and some free weights for curls, etc..

You won't go wrong with this hotel if your travels take you to Ridgecrest. All the staff from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the maintenance staff are great and always took the time to greet you.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business